Sportsman racing canceled for Thursday (1 Viewer)

Ive said it for years,that place has a rain cloud over all the time,the race hasnt even started yet and the rain has casued problems,even when its sunny there is water on that track. Thats why i never pre purchased tickets there EVER. I wouldnt be saprized if tehre is flurries there this weekend lol.

Its such a Killer Good Track though :) Good luck to everyone this weekend and I hope everyone stays SAFE and HAS FUN!!

just wouldn't be "the Grove" without some rain. all the years I went there, and it didn't matter what part of the year, there is rain for at least an afternoon.

Eugene, you guys arent going to Maple are you? Will see you in Vegas either way!
What's up Jeff? We are not going to Maple Grove. We will see you in Vegas. I am going to the hot rod reunion with the nitro cowboy nostalgia funnycar in a couple weeks though. That will be a lot of fun. Cya later Jeff.

It will be a great weekend. The rain has stopped and the weather forecasted doesn't show any rain (or snow;)) I don't call 73 degrees cold - I call that perfect fall weather. Cant wait.

It will be a great weekend. The rain has stopped and the weather forecasted doesn't show any rain (or snow;)) I don't call 73 degrees cold - I call that perfect fall weather. Cant wait.
My bad. I read the weather channel with out my glasses and it looked like a 62 for raceday, but I just looked again and it says 68 for race day. A nice 73 would be great. I hope every one has an awesome time at Maple grove. I wish we were going to be there.

Last edited:
that nice 72 turns to a cold 40 pretty fast once the sun starts going down... Been seeing it here in the midwest for last 2 weeks... 70 in the afternoon and 30-40's at night...

I seriously doubt they will get two runs in on Friday-the track will be too cold or too wet if there are a normal amount of oil downs earlier in the day-running this race at this time of the year reminds me of something Larry Morgan once said about fixing stuff.

Only the sportsman get screwed this week:mad

Oh please would you rather have them park in a quagmire and race in unsafe unconditions? Then of course the headlines would be "NHRA forces Sportsman classes to race in hazardous conditions!"

Oh please would you rather have them park in a quagmire and race in unsafe unconditions? Then of course the headlines would be "NHRA forces Sportsman classes to race in hazardous conditions!"
I don't think he was suggesting that the Sportsman classes should have been kept to their original Thursday schedule. I do think he was referring to the fact that when the 4-day event was compressed into a 3-day event, none of the Pro schedule was cut from it.

I drove past the track tonight and it is WET. Hopefully it will dry out in the next 2 days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back