Friday canceled (1 Viewer)

I'm glad they moved the race this weekend from Joliet,with all the sunshine and cool temps. I'm sure they would have had to cancel all of the racing action.

I'm glad they moved the race this weekend from Joliet,with all the sunshine and cool temps. I'm sure they would have had to cancel all of the racing action.
I work across the street from RT66...not a cloud in the sky and about 60 degrees.:mad:

I believe the race would have been last weekend.

It's on NHRA.com. The sessions will not be made up

Let's see who gets screwed by this. The racers are at a facility the tour hasn't been to in five years and they have maybe two shots at getting in the show. The points chases could get real interesting.

S/F
D

My exact thoughts, Devallion. Nothing really on the books for these guys at this track. Could be anybody's race. 2 silly mistakes and you're not racing Sunday. I HATE these 2 qualifying lap races. Mostly I feel for those of you who bought tickets waaay in advance, saved up money all year, mabye traveled to get there, spent gas money and took off work for this day.
Man I wish there was a way to make this up to fans like that.

I'm hoping V gets in and stays in the top ten. Even folks that ran this race in 2000 their data would be useless because of all of the equipment and fuel changes since then. Let's see 2000 was 90% for TF & FC and 100% for AFuel. I also feel bad for the folks who did the hoopex to make this race. We really could be having this race at Bandimere right now. I just realized I was at this race in '00, I was TAD (TDY) to Quantico and stuck around for the race.

S/F
D

It seems like everywhere else in the country is having awesome weather this weekend.....I know WE are!

Family tells me its raining in Tucson... maybe we can get a National event ourselves next year?? :rolleyes:

With only two qualifying passes at a track that has not had an NHRA event in years, I wonder how Millican will do considering that he has raced at VMP for the past five years.

Jim

Interesting point, Mike Kloeber is a sharp guy and their data is current, He might be the spoiler.

S/F
D

You have pretty nice track there in Tucson, just need some stands and it would be a much better venue than Firebird

S/F
D

You're tellin me?!? Great weather, good stick, flat and a real long shutoff- I still can't figure out why PRO pulled out of the winter testing, other than the lack of close hotels (and if I won the PowerBall, I'd fix that right away! :D ) and those cruddy grandstands...

DeVallion Piper - "Interesting point, Mike Kloeber is a sharp guy and their data is current, He might be the spoiler."
D - it is interesting, but you have to question why Clay and Mike have lost their domination in IHRA and seem to be unable to run the big numbers needed to win an NHRA event. Skull Shine team is running a similar injector setup and is improving on every run - cracking the 40's for the first time last weekend.
Mike's "Herringbone" belt system, which would seem to be an advantage, does not appear to be helping. I love these guys - they really have fun racing.
But - I doubt they can pull off a HUGE upset over Rahn, AJ, The General and Jim Walsh (and those guys who drive)!

Well I just checked the weather on Virginia Motorsports Park and the weather doesn't look good tommorow either....My question was going to be.I'f Friday was rained out why wouldn't they have three qualifying sessions on Saturday??? JJ

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back