Ford Fuel Motor (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
C'mon Bobby! Could we get a closeup? It has two mags, headers and what appears to be a very different injector. Motor will debut at SEMA.
And the big question is . . . do JFR and Ford have enough clout to get this approved for competition? Fuel motor rules have been frozen for years - if this gets approved and has some advantages, I would think other team owners will be screaming FOUL! Opinions?

C'mon Bobby! Could we get a closeup? It has two mags, headers and what appears to be a very different injector. Motor will debut at SEMA.
And the big question is . . . do JFR and Ford have enough clout to get this approved for competition? Fuel motor rules have been frozen for years - if this gets approved and has some advantages, I would think other team owners will be screaming FOUL! Opinions?

that injector is one that old man Medlen has been working on/with and using for quite sometimes (over a year i believe)....if you look at all the recent pictures of Erics car, it has that injector on it

I suspect the reason the motor came out of the box running the big numbers is its the same motor they have been running for years only it says FORD on the valve covers!!!!:D

the biggest fear about mandating their original design was that if it had an obvious performance advantage, they would have to make it the spec engine and that wasnt fair to the smaller teams (your wilkersons, jim heads, denshams, worshams, etc) to tell them that all the parts they had were junk and they had to spends thousands of $$$$ to switch over their engine programs....all information would be out the window and all that. the NHRA wants to have it so that there is one kind of engine, period, so that its is a level playing field in that aspect

I havn't asked, but I am willing to bet the block is the only thing different. JFR already made thier own heads, blowers, etc.

It has to be built to NHRA's spec, and if it is, it's legal.

This is from a National Dragster article.

"The engine-component and cylinder-head moratorium includes, but is not limited to, engine blocks, cylinder heads, intake manifolds, fuel injectors, and superchargers. This includes any redesign, reconfiguration, and/or modifications to existing components. Any changes to the engine or related components must be submitted to NHRA with all specifications, measurements, and guidelines for possible consideration."

As you can see, it has to be approved by the NHRA to be legal.

This is from a National Dragster article.

"The engine-component and cylinder-head moratorium includes, but is not limited to, engine blocks, cylinder heads, intake manifolds, fuel injectors, and superchargers. This includes any redesign, reconfiguration, and/or modifications to existing components. Any changes to the engine or related components must be submitted to NHRA with all specifications, measurements, and guidelines for possible consideration."

As you can see, it has to be approved by the NHRA to be legal.

Do any of the existing parts say Chrysler on them now? I know the design is using the Chrysler 426 but nothing is still made at Chrysler. If they are already machining everything except the block, I would think they could very easily make the parts all FORD parts by machining part numbers and putting "FORD" in a few places. If they are changing the locations of the bores, camshaft, heads, oiling system then I guess it could be a different beast.

Do any of the existing parts say Chrysler on them now? I know the design is using the Chrysler 426 but nothing is still made at Chrysler. If they are already machining everything except the block, I would think they could very easily make the parts all FORD parts by machining part numbers and putting "FORD" in a few places. If they are changing the locations of the bores, camshaft, heads, oiling system then I guess it could be a different beast.

Some KB blocks have a Mopar number on them and can be bought through MP if one is so inclined.

The Chevrolet fuel Hemi will be available as soon as G.M. can set up the CNC equipment to machine "CHEVROLET" in the Valve covers of a current fuel motor!:eek::D;)

The Chevrolet fuel Hemi will be available as soon as G.M. can set up the CNC equipment to machine "CHEVROLET" in the Valve covers of a current fuel motor!:eek::D;)

Bill Miller ran a Chevy-style Hemi up until the end on the 1998 season.

515.06.jpg

On a somewhat (un?)-related topic, whatever became of the McGee twin-cam fuel motor? I believe that Gary Beck tested/raced it for a while but didn't really hear how it did. Why can't we have some more modern engine technology in drag racing?

On a somewhat (un?)-related topic, whatever became of the McGee twin-cam fuel motor?

Legal down under, can't run here. When they took it to NHRA they said no because it is a three valve design. Two valves per cylinder only was the policy at the time. Or maybe that is the Sanitey (sp)?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back