Force Cars and the 4 wide. (2 Viewers)

this is @#$%^& ridiculous....robert didnt win the race because john and neff ran the 4-wide....he won because he had the best car in the final round

How dare you use logic and reasoning...we may have to suspend you :D

I didn't say he did nor that he wouldn't have won, anyway.
What's ridiculous is to race TWO or ANY team cars, if possible, in the competition lanes for an exhibition, where they can try any combo they want, with impunity, when one team car remains in competition.
JMHO, if I were racing Robert in the finals, I wouldn't have been thrilled knowing his team just ran in those lanes right before I was to face him.

well hell i guess we should race every round on a different racetrack just so nobody gets any knowledge about the racetrack for the finals right?? i mean fair is fair

I'm sure it was better for those at the track than we couch potato's at home. I don't know weather it was the camera positions, mike locations, decibel levels or a combination of all, but in my humble opinion, the TV coverage didn't live up to the pre-race (demonstration) hype.

Obviously it would have been better to put the JFR cars in Lanes 3 and 4.

I think anybody knows that much, right?

I don't know how anyone can argue this point, assuming certain precautions weren't taken.

I wouldn't have been thrilled knowing his team just ran in those lanes right before I was to face him.

I don't know how anyone can argue this point either, assuming certain precautions weren't taken.

Lane choice was
Neff 1st
Force 2nd
Wilk 3rd
Del 4th
Based on low ET from rd.1

Rules are rules. No one is at fault for anything, no wrongdoings on anyones part- maybe poor planning that resulted in a fortunate set of circumstances for the Force camp? Assuming certain precautions weren't taken the folks turning the wrenches for team Force are smart enough to use the situation to their advantage. Unless they have some sort of moral objection to it, you'd be a fool not to take advantage.

Unless certain precautions were taken such as 1) Height's crew didn't know the setups of the two cars in the exibition 2) in car radios were not used during the run , there is no doubt some amount of information was gained by Height's team. How much of an advantage is up for debate. Was it enough to make Height's car the best car in the final round? That is also up for debate.

I don't know how anyone can argue this point, assuming certain precautions weren't taken.

I don't know how anyone can argue this point either, assuming certain precautions weren't taken.

Rules are rules. No one is at fault for anything, no wrongdoings on anyones part- maybe poor planning that resulted in a fortunate set of circumstances for the Force camp? Assuming certain precautions weren't taken the folks turning the wrenches for team Force are smart enough to use the situation to their advantage. Unless they have some sort of moral objection to it, you'd be a fool not to take advantage.

Unless certain precautions were taken such as 1) Height's crew didn't know the setups of the two cars in the exibition 2) in car radios were not used during the run , there is no doubt some amount of information was gained by Height's team. How much of an advantage is up for debate. Was it enough to make Height's car the best car in the final round? That is also up for debate.

Hey Nick, it's spelled Hight!!!!!!;)

I guess if it was thought to be a big advantage, DSR should have run the NAPA car to gain info for Hagan.

Lane choice was
Neff 1st
Force 2nd
Wilk 3rd
Del 4th
Based on low ET from rd.1

Alan

P.S. It was pretty cool to watch!

Yeah, I bet it was cool as hell from where you were standing.:eek:

Lowest ET's of 1st rd. of those eliminated.

Really? :confused:

Round 1:

Jeff Arend, San Dimas CA, '08 Solara, Left lane, (0.068) 4.149 303.57 def. Tim Wilkerson,
Springfield IL, '09 Mustang, (0.074) 5.294 143.28

Ashley Force Hood, Yorba Linda CA, '08 Mustang, Right lane, (0.064) 4.136 306.95 def. Mike
Neff, Yorba Linda CA, '08 Mustang, (0.166) 4.133 302.21

Matt Hagan, Brownsburg IN, '09 Charger, Left lane, (0.069) 4.141 305.91 def. Tony
Pedregon, Brownsburg IN, '09 Impala, (0.080) 4.169 292.46

Jim Head, Columbus OH, '09 Solara, Left lane, (0.113) 4.155 301.40 def. John Force, Yorba
Linda CA, '09 Mustang, (0.070) 4.409 277.83

Cruz Pedregon, Brownsburg IN, '09 Solara, Left lane, (0.104) 4.090 307.16 def. Bob
Gilbertson, Gastonia NC, '06 Monte Carlo, (0.054) 4.165 296.83

Robert Hight, Yorba Linda CA, '09 Mustang, Right lane, (0.093) 4.105 308.99 def. Jerry
Toliver, Temecula CA, '07 Monte Carlo, (0.138) 4.147 304.46

Bob Tasca III, Cranston RI, '09 Mustang, Left lane, (0.067) 4.160 300.46 def. Ron Capps,
Carlsbad CA, '09 Charger, (0.075) 4.950 173.72

Jack Beckman, North Hills CA, '09 Charger, Right lane, (0.084) 4.673 275.56 def. Del
Worsham, Chino Hills CA, '09 Solara, (0.094) NT-Broke After Staging

Hey Nick, it's spelled Hight!!!!!!;)

Sorry about that. I guess he hasn't gotten enough exposure for the spelling to sink in. I should have known that, I remember laughing at someone on NHRA raceday who had this big sign in the background that said go Height, with the improper spelling.

Where's Oliver Stone when you need him. Heaven knows if it's JFR, it's cheating, right? Just ask Tony and Cruz.

beatingadeadhorse.gif

they were selected based on points and the lowest ETs were given lane choice....and you did not have to accept the invitation

And WHY wouldn't you???? :confused:

HUGE media exposure for your sponsors, and you wouldn't even have to make an a$$ of yourself to get it... ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back