Force Cars and the 4 wide. (1 Viewer)

Husky

Nitro Member
I saw that the two Force Cars ran side by side. If that strip was the strip the ran the finals on, that 4 car run gave the Force team a wealth of valuable data to pass on to the Hight team.
All the above is predicated on that being the strip they ran the finals on and if it was ran prior to the finals. TV sometimes runs events out of sequence.
Just an observation.

Yes both Force cars ran on the active lanes and yes the ran the 4 wide before the finals.

Doubt it had much effect on info for Hight

Yes both Force cars ran on the active lanes and yes the ran the 4 wide before the finals.

Doubt it had much effect on info for Hight
It couldn't have hurt.:rolleyes: JMHO, if they do that again, and I hope they do, where possible, then they should assure that any team cars, of cars in the finals should run in the non competition lanes, if just to keep threads like this from starting.:)

SO WHAT???? I guess this is going to turn into more conspiracy theories on how JFR runs the NHRA. I can hear it now, Force and Neff lost on purpose so that they could give Ashley and Robert more data to use from the 4-wide exhibition.

If I remember correctly, the 4-wide cars were "invited" from the 1st round losers. The four cars that were selected have been in the news more over the last year than any others. Wilkerson - run for the 2008 championship, Neff - 2008 Road to the Future winner, Worsham - shutting team down and moving to Al Anabi/AJ, Force - well, you know why he's been in the news so no need to mention it here.

I KNEW IT !!!
Conspiracy !!!!
I didn't say that. What I inferred, as this was purely an exhibition, in order to avoid any insinuation of unfair advantage, they should run cars, associated with cars still in competition, in the non competition lanes.
Isn't the NHRA the ones who have limited testing? Having cars run all out under competition day conditions, on the competition strip, gives ANY team useful knowledge they didn't have before.

I would imagine it was just a random drawing for the lanes

All that I know is Tony Ped should have been in the lane next to John Force.......................:cool:

I didn't say that. What I inferred, as this was purely an exhibition, in order to avoid any insinuation of unfair advantage, they should run cars, associated with cars still in competition, in the non competition lanes.
Isn't the NHRA the ones who have limited testing? Having cars run all out under competition day conditions, on the competition strip, gives ANY team useful knowledge they didn't have before.

I meant it to funny

this is @#$%^& ridiculous....robert didnt win the race because john and neff ran the 4-wide....he won because he had the best car in the final round

Last edited:
this is @#$%^& ridiculous....robert didnt win the race because john and neff ran the 4-wide....he won because he had the best car in the final round
I didn't say he did nor that he wouldn't have won, anyway.
What's ridiculous is to race TWO or ANY team cars, if possible, in the competition lanes for an exhibition, where they can try any combo they want, with impunity, when one team car remains in competition.
JMHO, if I were racing Robert in the finals, I wouldn't have been thrilled knowing his team just ran in those lanes right before I was to face him.

I guess if it was thought to be a big advantage, DSR should have run the NAPA car to gain info for Hagan.

Lane choice was
Neff 1st
Force 2nd
Wilk 3rd
Del 4th
Based on low ET from rd.1

Alan

P.S. It was pretty cool to watch!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back