Fontana update (1 Viewer)

Guys, the guy who complained is gone but he was thorn in the side of everything around but you have to keep in mind that all the other things are all legal and permitted.

Well we went by there on Friday and the good news it that it's all still there ready to run with exception of some K-rail past the finish line.

Bad news is, there's no new updates.

Nope... just like they turned out the lights and walked away.

I'd post a photo here if I could figure it out.

Tom Kernan has retired from AAA. Don't know if that will have any effect on the drag strip reopening. He was the major supporter of all AAA racing.

Tom Kernan has retired from AAA. Don't know if that will have any effect on the drag strip reopening. He was the major supporter of all AAA racing.

Actually I spelled it incorrectly. It's McKernan and I believe he is still on the BOD at AAA with a fair amount of influence in regards to supporting the track.

The track has not changed since it was closed by a court order and nothing has been decided about its reopening.

Thanks for the help Dave.

I would think that funding to reopen a drag strip would not go over very well for Auto Club of America stockholders. But that wouldn't mean McKernan isn't offering his own money.

BTW, I read on another board that the only way the track will open back up is if they can have nostalgia funny cars there every third Saturday Night throughout the year. But even they will have to run mufflers too. :p

Thanks for the help Dave.

I would think that funding to reopen a drag strip would not go over very well for Auto Club of America stockholders. But that wouldn't mean McKernan isn't offering his own money.

BTW, I read on another board that the only way the track will open back up is if they can have nostalgia funny cars there every third Saturday Night throughout the year. But even they will have to run mufflers too. :p

Geno, there is very little chance that Pro Mods or Nitro cars will ever run there again under the strict decibel limits set by the court.

Gino, auto club has already funded the track and like Darr said, little chance of nitro cars ver running there:D

You guys missed my attempt of poking fun at you.;)

I know AAA was the title sponsor of the drag strip in exchanged funding, but would not think that they would fund the things needed to satisfy the court as it is not a core business practice or benefit to the shareholders.

BTW, I agree that it won't open back up. At least not in the near future nor like it was before.

Maybe I'll get a wild hair and head up to Bakersfield on Saturday. I'll say hi if I do.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back