**fontana dragway done for a while? (1 Viewer)

Since the France family (ISC) bought the track from Penske, they have really worked at keeping that place busy. (which vastly differs from the Penske model of two big events a year and nothing else) There is a thriving kart track tucked away in a very good spot for noise attenuation, auto cross guys out out once or twice a month, and you can usually hear stock cars, bikes or scca stuff inside the track nearly every Saturday.

The drag strip was/is a very popular venue. Very few TnT days, due to the fact that there is a drag related event nearly every weekend. Car counts are very good. At the Summit race two weekends ago, it was the usual 4 lanes of Pro, two lanes of Super Pro and a lot of sportsman and bikes. Drag racing at Fontana has a respectable economic impact on a VERY blighted area around around the track. We usually spend $200 a weekend at the track and $20-$40 away from the track. Multiply that by 300 weekend entries and even a county supervisor can figure out that this really helps the area. Whether this is enough money coming into the ISC coffers to warrant a sound wall, only they know.

I want to encourage everyone to keep pointing out the economic impact of this very unfortunate decision. I would also like to see the San Bernardino County Supervisors, Fontana City Council, The Auto Club, the NHRA and ISC work together for the good of the track, Southern Califonia drag racing and the local economy.

Anybody have any up-dates on the Fontana drag strip? The people I have talked to at the track just refer me to their website.

Nothing on the track till after the report is done and I'm pretty sure that was on hold till after last weekend NASCAR race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back