First 5 second pass for a street legal car (1 Viewer)

Well, legal street car is a relative term, (and yes I know about Drag Week) but to those that still ponder how they can revive PST, there's your answer!

Well, legal street car is a relative term, (and yes I know about Drag Week) but to those that still ponder how they can revive PST, there's your answer!
I have asked him and he was totaly against the rules but if that's the way it was build a pro mod car and make street legal and this is it. 5.95 245

I'm not even that old and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago that a high 8 second street car was a rarity. This is insane.

Don't think I have ever seen 9 sec. Street legal car, much less a 5 sec. car get more than 100 miles a year on the street!

Joe, spend a little time reading up on drag week. Turbo cars are sort of the rule because they can be detuned so much, but I think you'll be impressed. We are not really talking daily drivers, but I'll have to say by all of the traffic we saw during the Vegas divisionals this year (SCSN race cars driving around the roads/pits to prove) its clear that a number of folks have this area worked out.

Jesse knows Larry, so he has more of an inside skinny than I do. I went to college with the guy who did engine and drive train electronics on the team. It was cool seeing Scott's Facebook feed over the weekend.

Joe, spend a little time reading up on drag week. Turbo cars are sort of the rule because they can be detuned so much, but I think you'll be impressed. We are not really talking daily drivers, but I'll have to say by all of the traffic we saw during the Vegas divisionals this year (SCSN race cars driving around the roads/pits to prove) its clear that a number of folks have this area worked out.

Well, I will never get the funding so here it is for anyone who wants to own this class. Jet car with a 1litre 3cyl euro drivetrain onboard for the driven wheels. Have fun, be safe, and NO tailgating!

By "street legal" are we talkin working headlights, turn signals, wipers, outside mirrors,.???
Paul I believe the truck is registered in MO. He left the stock cab intact so the id would be legal, he originally bought the truck on Craigslist. In Missouri it has to be inspected but there are ways around that, it does have windshield wipers. If you go on you tube he talks about the truck.

I don't know if he did with his truck but he drove all around Vegas with his Nova

The term Street legal is academic, why say street legal if it's not driven on the street? My point is....why would a racer make a Huge investment to take a 6-7 sec. Car on the street! Waste of time IMO....

The term Street legal is academic, why say street legal if it's not driven on the street? My point is....why would a racer make a Huge investment to take a 6-7 sec. Car on the street! Waste of time IMO....
If your interested why he does this go to you tube and watch a 16 min interview with HOT ROD.

If only there was a way to find the fastest car/truck that is driven on the street and driven 365 days a year. That to me would be bigger than a NHRA title. Common man speak of course.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back