My first drag and drive (1 Viewer)

4onthefl4

Staff member
Nitro Member
I've been to many drag racing, rod runs and car shows in my time, but this weekend I can add an another type of event to my list. A drag and drive. I'm sure folks on this board knows what a drag and drive is all about. Just in case, let me explain, you take your race car, convert it to a street legal machine and drive it to the first race, convert the car back to a race car and race. Then, convert it back to street legal and drive it to next race and do it all over again. Or, take your daily driver/hotrod and make it a race car. Most of these races are usually within a days drive between events. This year they start in Orlando, then Bradenton, then South Georgia Motorsports Park, then Gainesville and then back to Orlando for the banquet.
A friend invited me to go to Sick Week 2023 in Florida, organized by Tom Baily of Sick Second Racing and lays claim to the having the worlds fastest street car. I was very impressed with the amount of cars that attended, I guess-ta-mate 300, and the type of hardware people can engineer.

PXL_20230212_165027446.jpg
PXL_20230212_151809990.jpg

Tom Baily, the guy who put it all together and his ride

PXL_20230212_161305127.jpg
1676386010982.png

Everything from mild to wild
PXL_20230212_171334381.jpg
PXL_20230212_171322569.jpg

And from all over the world. Here's one from Sweden

While attending the race Monday, I heard the official car count was 330. If you want to watch live streaming from each event, go to Tom Baily's YouTube channel (which I'm watching now).

Been watching Steve Morris, Bailey, Cletus and the 1320 feeds on YT. I certainly hope the driver of the straight six Volvo P544 is ok after that nasty rollover on day 3

I saw that also and it looked like a pretty bad fire followed the crash. The announcer said when he got out of the car the first thing he asked was, "what did I run"? The sign of a true racer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back