Factory X (13 Viewers)

So far, just meh to me.
$300k car that runs 7 flat @ 200 has no chance to replace Pro Stock.
Wait. Wasn’t Factory Stock going to replace PS as well?

Yeah I'm lost on why an extra class and where is fits in the pro mod, pro stock, factory stock, top sportsmen door car bonanza. But if it brings outdoor interest that s good

Yeah I'm lost on why an extra class and where is fits in the pro mod, pro stock, factory stock, top sportsmen door car bonanza. But if it brings outdoor interest that s good
Yep..lots of cooks in the kitchen. In my opinion, if NHRA had to cut one it would be Pro Stock. 50+ year old cookie-cutter c;lass that's fast and impressive for its technology but stale as a month old loaf of bread.

on friday, october 20th, one of the (4) factory X cars was DQ'd from the texas event. del holbrook. a supercharger violation. it's on nhraracer.com. no fine

So far, just meh to me.
More tire will get them close to current pro stock numbers. Horsepower is already comparible. My question is will people care with the Camaro going out of production and the Challenger going out of the Hemi and ICE business

business

Take the wheelie bar off the things and you might have something.

on friday, october 20th, one of the (4) factory X cars was DQ'd from the texas event. del holbrook. a supercharger violation. it's on nhraracer.com. no fine

It was not a Factroy X car, they didn't run them in Texas.

Del Holbrook was disqualified in his Factory Stock Showdown entry for violating the rules pertaining to superchargers during the Texas NHRA Nationals held October 12-15, 2023. This disqualification is not appealable.

I just saw that on October 18th the NHRA added "Chevrolet 2014 - 2019 (Corvette) - minimum weight 2,650 lbs." to the approved bodies list for Factory X...

It was not a Factroy X car, they didn't run them in Texas.

Del Holbrook was disqualified in his Factory Stock Showdown entry for violating the rules pertaining to superchargers during the Texas NHRA Nationals held October 12-15, 2023. This disqualification is not appealable.
not sure how i read that wrong. thanks for the correction tom.

Last edited:
I just saw that on October 18th the NHRA added "Chevrolet 2014 - 2019 (Corvette) - minimum weight 2,650 lbs." to the approved bodies list for Factory X...
Wow, I really hope someone builds one!

I agree completely. And, these Factory X cars are BUTT ugly. Fender flares, they squat down way too much on the launch, etc. Enough door slammers already. A big MEH from me as well.

So far, just meh to me.
Those numbers alone are enough for me to see PS replaced. PS lost it's way a long time ago; its time to get back to something actually stock-ish.

Put modern F/SS and F/X power plant into current PS chassis. You can even call the new combo F/X then rename F/SS to P/S and be done with it.

We have been hearing how the Pro Stock cars don't look like their stock counterparts or its Pro Camaro now. Here we have Factory X working to remedy those problems and yet more complaining.

Not basing on what's being said here but all over social media. The positive response outweighs the negative ones by a few ton but I can't help but laugh when I see those responses.

And the only FX car that I find ugly is the Camaro. It's just the bulky front end for me.

i like the factory X cars and can appreciate what they are doing. i do think there are a lot of door car classes that seem to have about every half second covered in E.T.
you have to wonder, will there be owners that want to run PS, but for what the engine lease price is, maybe they look at the factory X class instead?
i don't know how hard it is to build these factory X engines to be competitive, but i'm guessing it's probably more to lease a PS engine from elite or kb/titan?
and then there's a whole lot of teams that pass on both classes and go TS racing.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back