EX-PRESIDENT POLBURN SAYS IHRA IS IN TROUBLE (1 Viewer)

Yeah I read that article too, and I'd say he's pretty spot on.

Fact is that IHRA has been irrelevant since Bader left. They used to put on a great show. Granted you didn't have the heavy hitters of the NHRA but it was an excellent show nevertheless, and I looked forward to going to the IHRA events. The last IHRA event I went to (Epping, forget the year), I saw Bader walking around in the pits and I stopped him and told him I appreciated him bringing the show to the northeast and that they put on a great show. We chatted for about 10 minutes, you could tell that he was very interested in making sure the fan got his/her money's worth.

Now it has a monster truck event feel and frankly I'm not sure what the point is.

I loved the IHRA racing in the late 90's and early 2000's. It's a shame they can't get back to that instead of the mess they have now.

Polburn and Peeko were the two that started the downhill slide of IHRA. when Bader had it back around 2000 it was at it's biggest. I remember 30 pro mods, 25 pro stocks, 25 alcohol funnies and tons of sportsman cars.... now after Bevis and Butthead ( polburn and peeko) dumped pro mod and funny car the sanction has been sinking faster than the titanic. if it hadn't been bought by owners with deep pockets , it would have been gone long ago

While I agree it has been a fiasco the last couple years, you can't really blame them dropping classes a decade ago. They had no money and sponsors after the Knoll Gas debacle. What were they supposed to do when that happened Bruce. They were literally fighting for their lives after that and still are right now. The mistakes made in the last decade more so are based around their change in direction, sportsman wise and track wise. The World series deal is one of the biggest dumb ass things they have ever done. Alky Funny should have stuck around though..
I personally don't think they will be legit again (pro wise). Sportsman, they can salvage but I have heard Summit is going to be cutting way back, so that may really upset the apple cart.

Dean

While I agree it has been a fiasco the last couple years, you can't really blame them dropping classes a decade ago. They had no money and sponsors after the Knoll Gas debacle. What were they supposed to do when that happened Bruce. They were literally fighting for their lives after that and still are right now. The mistakes made in the last decade more so are based around their change in direction, sportsman wise and track wise. The World series deal is one of the biggest dumb ass things they have ever done. Alky Funny should have stuck around though..
I personally don't think they will be legit again (pro wise). Sportsman, they can salvage but I have heard Summit is going to be cutting way back, so that may really upset the apple cart.

Dean

What's really sad is, it kinda sounds like your not to bummed about it either !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back