Evan Knoll & Latrell Preston & Torco (1 Viewer)

cephus

Nitro Member
The Boyz from Bama would like to nominate the above mentioned for the humanitarian of the year award along with sponsor of the year!!! If anyone would think anyone or group can compare to the passion and generosity of the Torco group for what they do for the sport and the many racers that would be sittin at home depressed from lack of funds and support to chase their dreams you been sippin some bad juice:) If any of the Glendora suits and big money guys/teams (won't mention any names) would attempt to follow their lead and help develop/fund other drivers with the exception of the closed fraternity, many would have a better feeling about the future & trust of the sport.

On the Sidelines in Bama;)
G Fred

Last edited:
I'll second the nomination. Evan obviously is very touched by the sacrifices of our soldiers and he shows it with action and not just words.

Truer words were never spoken!

Pete%20Seattle%202007.jpg

All I can say is Thank You Evan and Latrell

from the Heart

d'kid

Last edited:
It's not a hard decision to second that nomination.
I'm sure Evan knows many of us addicted fans appreciate the fix and I don't have to see it to know what those guys stuck over seas get an absolute thrill when they see anything Military on a race car and especially a fuel car.

Many times away from home the littlest thing reminding me of something I left behind back home was worth more than money could buy.

There are many excellent groups helping Iraqi children and our deployed troops.
You will feel really good this Thanks giving in this land of plenty to share with someone who is less fortunate than yourself.

Bush said rising food prices have led to reduced inventories by producers and less donations to food banks and soup kitchens.
Say what you will about drug addicts and alcoholics but even they deserve food on Thanksgiving.

Our small little community would be MUCH smaller without Evan's largesse and all of his great folks at Torco.

Thanks for all you guys do on and off the track!

Happy Thanksgiving!

PS does anyone else find it somewhat odd that Guy has been making sense lately?!?! Musta ran outta alkyshine. Just funnin' with ya Bama Boys .....

Anyone that knows, will vote that direction.
Between Evan and his companies and the Lucas family, our sport is eternally grateful.
Oh yeah Peanut. Gongrats on #2
Need any carbon work on the left coast, just holler.

Put me down for Evan.

He's been more than a friend to me. He's been like a brother.

The day we aligned CompetitionPlus.com with Torco Race Fuels as our sponsor, we achieved the "next level."

Evan and all the people he puts in place at each of his companies....also including Terry McMillen, Eric & Kevin...are just outstanding folks. :D

Helping so many live their dreams....all while giving back to those who have paid a big price so that we may continue to to enjoy all the things we do...including drag racing.

Thanks Evan....you have our vote!

Web_scan0030.jpg

From a simple fan's perspective, I can't express enough how much I appreciate Evan & Torco's involvement in drag racing. Stop and think sometime about all of the cars with Torco, Knoll Gas or Skull shine on them and imagine them NOT being there. How many drivers would be sitting on the sidelines? I don't even want to think about it. I think these folks are the best thing to happen to Drag Racing this decade. Thanks a bunch Evan. :cool:

I'm a big fan, but not very well informed. I've often wondered why I saw the TORCO racing fuels sponsorship on drag cars, since that's kind of like preaching to the choir. But now I'm catching on that while it may help sales, it's more likely a very generous good will gesture.
Lucas Oil probably has a customer base outside of racing, but they too seem to be pretty interested in the sport.

Just got back from our Team Cruise, saw this and had to post. Better late then never! As awesome as Evan and Latrell and the Torco Group appear on the outside I can tell you from experience they beat awesome by a mile. I couldn't ask for better friends and brothers to go to battle with at my side. Evan is a dreamaker for so many of us out here and I am living proof of that. I count myslef as one of the lucky ones who was blessed to cross Evans path and he has enriched my life and career more then one can imagine. That said, happy thanksgving to a special guy, who built a special group to do so many special things. See you in the winners circle in 2008!:)

Expect to Win,

Mike Ashley

Just got back from our Team Cruise, saw this and had to post. Better late then never! As awesome as Evan and Latrell and the Torco Group appear on the outside I can tell you from experience they beat awesome by a mile. I couldn't ask for better friends and brothers to go to battle with at my side. Evan is a dreamaker for so many of us out here and I am living proof of that. I count myslef as one of the lucky ones who was blessed to cross Evans path and he has enriched my life and career more then one can imagine. That said, happy thanksgving to a special guy, who built a special group to do so many special things. See you in the winners circle in 2008!:)

Expect to Win,

Mike Ashley

So Mike, your running the Full circuit next year????;)

I agree ..great group of people... doing great thigns for drag racing....

Keep it up guys....

Billy

So Mike, your running the Full circuit next year????;)

In the last National Dragster that I read that one of three things will happen next year he will race the full season, someone else will race his car the full season, or he will share the ride with someone else. I hope to see Mike out full time time next year, he was one of the bright parts to the 2007 season.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back