Evan Knoll is the Man (1 Viewer)

cephus

Nitro Member
Have been reading a lot on Evan and what he does for the sport of racing
and people in general. If the suits, big team owners, millionaire drivers would take a lesson from him and maybe help some of the other racers trying to move up or even keep funding for racing in the lower classes we would have a better outlook of the future!! By the way i not saying some don't but Evan damn sure over shadows most, i'm just guessing he don't get a perfect return on every investment, what a great guy for the sport of drag racing:)

On the sidelines In Bama!

I agree 100%.

I'm one of the "Little guys" Evan has placed under his umbrella of sponsored teams and I feel very blessed and honored to be a part of it. With it I feel a great sense of responsibility because as we all know, the kind of help Evan Knoll gives is hard to come by in the alky ranks, let alone the professional categories. I have to ask myself...Why us?

Evan has specific growth goals for the TORCO/Skull/Accellerator/MACH Series line up of products. Being sponsored by Evan doesn't mean plastering TORCO or Skull all over your stuff and showing up at some division races or national events and figuring that you've done your job. He wants results and Latrell Preston is there to make sure it happens.

From the get-go we have actively worked with T3 Race Fuels (9 Western States TORCO Products distributor) and their network of dealer/distributors. On our schedule are car shows, exhibition race events, special appearances and special projects which include displays of the Knoll Gas line up at racing and non-racing automotive type events. We have a very busy schedule.

The bottom line for us is to get the word out on the west that TORCO and the Knoll Gas lineup isn't just a fancy decal on several professional racer's rigs. It's a complete line up of products that are alive and growing and available near you.

All this to publicly say "Thank you, Evan Knoll, Latrell Preston, Dan Dickey, Don Clark, Brian Olson and the whole gang at TORCO for trusting us."

My hope is that, at a minimum, we meet and hopefully exceed the high expectations placed on our team. And that our attitude remains as a sense of humilty when considering the trust you've placed in us.

Thank you,

Randy Goodwin

Ditto.... I've seen several act as thought they are the real deal..... but most of the time the come in with a bang and then SH$T and GIT.....

but Evan Knoll has hung around ... did the job and came back for more.... True hero to the sport of racing.. not just drag racing....

Thanks for letting me and the rest of us enjoy the fruits of your Labor.... and you crew and back up helpers.... can't forget all those that do the work for ya ....

Billy

I'll jump on this one with both feet!
Thank you so very much Evan!
Us "little people" all notice all you are doing and we sincerely appreciate it.

Absolutely! :D
I can see why he has formed an alliance with Forrest Lucas they think alike and help out as much as they can!
Here’s to ya Mr. Knoll and thanks for all you do for our sport.
I use Skull shine products on my vehicles and Lucas Oil for my engines so I support you both.
That's the only way I could show my appreciation!

The good news is that we now have Torco in Arizona. Jody Davis is the distributor and Chuck-O has it at Speedworld... I will be switching when I go out next...

My father-in-law said his car actually runs better on it than it does on Sunoco or VP.

Something that I found surprising while gassing up my rental car in Bloomington after the divisional event in Brainerd last month. There was a separate pump for racing gas at the convenience store. It only had one flavor (110 octane if I remember right), and it had a Torco Race Fuels logo on the pump. Not the convenience store logo, Torco! This is a station that isn't anywhere close to a race track, unless they're racing at the airport in Minneapolis!

I thought that was pretty cool. :)

Something that I found surprising while gassing up my rental car in Bloomington after the divisional event in Brainerd last month. There was a separate pump for racing gas at the convenience store. It only had one flavor (110 octane if I remember right), and it had a Torco Race Fuels logo on the pump. Not the convenience store logo, Torco! This is a station that isn't anywhere close to a race track, unless they're racing at the airport in Minneapolis!

I thought that was pretty cool. :)

Let me guess....

The Holiday station on 494 and Nicollet Ave, a few miles west of the airport, right? It's about 2 miles from my house. That station has always had "race gas" at one of their pumps (it was a kerosene pump in the winter and a race gas pump in the summer... not sure if it's still that way) In the past it was "Power 110" made by the Koch refinery here in Minnesota (If I remember correctly)

I heard they switched to Torco but haven't noticed for myself yet. The same owner has a large truck stop south of the cities on interstate 35....I heard they're selling it there too. There is a couple circle tracks down that way so I think thats where the locals buy their race gas.

Anyway..... Glad to see the Torco name on local pumps!

Last edited:
I echo this sentiment. Evan, you are awesome. Thank you SO much for all you do. You're a hero bro.

The other side of the coin is that we should buy the products he manufactures, even if Brand X might be cheaper. I think of it as a Racing Tax for Gearheadz.

I'd like to tell Evan how much I appreciate what he does for this sport in person. But he's like Howard Hughes at the Racetrack! No one can ever find him! I went by Ashley's (Mike) pit in Chi-town and Voodoo doll Toni told me he stays away from the crowds! But I did see him on a Golfcart so I know he is actually there......Damn smiley's don't work on this Computer!!!!!

Evan is a man with a vision and a wonderful passion for our sport. I have spent a great deal of time thinking of how I can give back to him, in volumes, what he has so selflessly given to our team and our sport. The best solution I have been able to come up with is to model him more than I thank him.

The appreciation is great and goes a long way, but I feel if we were all to model his ways it would give Evan a feeling of satisfaction that would outweigh a "Thank You" 10 - 1.

I understand that many of us may be in a different tax bracket, but there is more to Evan than just money, much more. To be more specific, monetary values are among the lowest on Evan's list of priorities. People are important to Evan, good people, real people. He spends most of his energy helping because that's who he is and where his heart is.

If each of us models his practice of helping others, (in whatever way our individual means will allow) this world will be a much greater place. I'm proud to follow Evan’s example of humanity and more so to call him my friend. You truly are "Da Man" brother!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back