Evan Knoll again (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

forgot to add that also.
Big business has been in bed with the goverment so long it is
absurd. Don't care who the president is BIG BUSINESS RUNS everything.

forgot to add that also.
Big business has been in bed with the goverment so long it is
absurd. Don't care who the president is BIG BUSINESS RUNS everything.

"Big Business" also employs just about everyone, unless you have a cush government job, paid for by the taxes generated by those "big businesses" and the people they employ who also pay taxes.

Don't fall for the class warfare. That kind of thinking will get us stuck with four more years of you-know-who.

RG

Actually, small businesses:

• Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
  • Employ just over half of all private sector employees.
  • Pay 44 percent of total U.S. private payroll.
  • Have generated 64 percent of net new jobs over the past 15 years.
  • Create more than half of the nonfarm private gross domestic product (GDP).
  • Hire 40 percent of high tech workers (such as scientists, engineers, and computer programmers).
  • Made up 97.3 percent of all identified exporters and produced 30.2 percent of the known export value in FY 2007.

Actually, small businesses:

• Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
  • Employ just over half of all private sector employees.
  • Pay 44 percent of total U.S. private payroll.
  • Have generated 64 percent of net new jobs over the past 15 years.
  • Create more than half of the nonfarm private gross domestic product (GDP).
  • Hire 40 percent of high tech workers (such as scientists, engineers, and computer programmers).
  • Made up 97.3 percent of all identified exporters and produced 30.2 percent of the known export value in FY 2007.

Very true.

And I wonder how many of those small businesses are subcontractors who rely on big business to order parts, technology, consulting, etc. from them to stay in business. I know when car sales went down (the Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green comes to mind) a lot of small businesses that feed GM with parts, materials and equipment either laid people off or went out of business. I took the Corvette factory tour last October and heard the stories.

Same with Caterpillar, etc.

Big Business is not our enemy. Abuse of power is. (General Electric comes to mind).

Remember. The government produces NOTHING.

RG

Last edited:
Very true.

And I wonder how many of those small businesses are subcontractors who rely on big business to order parts, technology, consulting, etc. from them to stay in business. I know when car sales went down (the Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green comes to mind) a lot of small businesses that feed GM with parts, materials and equipment either laid people off or went out of business. I took the Corvette factory tour last October and heard the stories.

Same with Caterpillar, etc.

Big Business is not our enemy. Abuse of power is. (General Electric comes to mind).

Remember. The government produces NOTHING.

RG
What did Evan Knoll produce? With his own money, not the money he stole.

Weren't you the benefactor of his "sponsorship", and a "west coast representative of Torco"?

Everyone knew he was messed up after wrecking that Viper in 2004 !
He should have bought a Corvette instead !
He had bleeding in his head issues for several years !
On top of that I've been told Drag Racing is as addictive as narcotics and all Drag Racers are Crazy !
I surely wouldn't know but I wished I had the dough to find out !

From Comp Plus !

GRAND RAPIDS — U.S. Marshals took Evan Knoll into custody Thursday so he can undergo a psychological evaluation to determine if he can properly assist in his defense and to gauge his competency at the time he allegedly filed false tax refunds that bilked the federal government out of more than $80 million.

Magistrate Ellen Carmody ordered the evaluation, requested by Knoll's attorney, Paul Vlachos, of Kalamazoo,during Knoll's initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Grand Rapids. Knoll, 51, of Decatur, is charged with bank fraud and false, fictitious and fraudulent claims.

Carmody said Knoll will be in custody for three to four months while undergoing evaluation at a federal facility.

Knoll owned General Sales and Service Inc. in Decatur and did business as Torco Racing Fuels Inc., Knoll Gas, Knoll Gas Motorsports Inc., EWK, LLC and eRaceFuels Inc.

As part of a criminal complaint filed June 8 in federal court, investigators allege that between February 1999 and February 2008, Knoll's company filed claims for refunds of more than $106 million in federal gasoline excise taxes. High-octane racing fuel is exempt from the federal excise tax on gasoline and the IRS "paid out more than $80 million in excise tax refunds" to the company, according to an affidavit filed in support of the criminal complaint.

Investigators also allege Knoll used the money to gain approval for large loans from a local bank.

The bank fraud charge is punishable by a fine of up to $1 million and/or up to 30 years in prison. The charge of false, fictitious and fraudulent claims is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine.

In requesting that his client undergo a competency evaluation, Vlachos and federal prosecutors told Carmody that Knoll suffered a brain injury in a 2004 vehicle crash and that many of the allegations against him occurred after that date, putting the injuries "into question" as to whether they affected his decision-making capabilities.

A special agent with the Internal Revenue Service said in the affidavit that Knoll told his accountant, creditors and employees that he sold "private label" racing fuel and that he had patented formulas of fuel produced by Valero Energy Corp. and sold to Shell Oil and Chevron.

Knoll's accountant, Barbara Ewing, told investigators Knoll provided her invoices "purportedly from Valero ... that show the purchase of millions of gallons of racing fuel," and that under Knoll's direction, Ewing used those invoices to prepare the IRS forms that were submitted to obtain the excise tax refunds.

However, the affidavit says records the IRS obtained from Valero show Knoll's company "purchased relatively small quantities of racing fuel" from the company and that the purchases stopped in November 2005. Officials from Shell Oil and Chevron said they "did not have any business transactions with Knoll or any of his business entities."

The affidavit says that between September 2004 and October 2007, Knoll used the forms submitted to the IRS and other financial statements to obtain loans from Chemical Bank. The last loan was for $15 million and has since gone into default.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael McDonald told Carmody Thursday that federal prosecutors will not oppose a court hearing on bond for Knoll once the competency evaluation is completed.

Knoll, dressed in a black T-shirt and blue jeans and donning a thick goatee, spoke briefly during the hearing to respond to Carmody's inquiries as to whether he understood the charges against him, the penalties he faces and that undergoing the examination means he will be in federal custody for up to four months.

As he left the courtroom with federal marshals, Knoll spoke with McDonald, who smiled at him and told Knoll "we'll see you in a couple of months."

Members of Knoll's family, including his daughters and siblings, cried as he was led from the courtroom.

"Love you, Evan," one of them said. "Be careful."

I guess the jury has spoken.:rolleyes: I don't personally know if he is guilty or not, but I do know that I don't always trust the government and if at this point Evan says he is completely innocent of these charges and plans on fighting them then I will give him the benefit of the doubt. We'll see how it all pans out, but my gut says that if the government really thought he stole 80 million then he'd already be in chains. I think they are fishing for a settlement for something else.

Actually when this first started coming out I remember reading an article on such cases. The government takes a long time to set these cases up, thats why they have over a 90% success rate.

Actually when this first started coming out I remember reading an article on such cases. The government takes a long time to set these cases up, thats why they have over a 90% success rate.

Sure our Government will go after guys like Knoll but what about all the Wall Street higher ups and Banks that basically ripped people off of all their assets!
Then they get bailed out by the very people they ripped off!

I understand that Mr. Knoll will have to pay for whatever wrong he has done but there are others that did a lot worse and damaged more people than defrauding our government.
I guess if you screwed the Government it's a bigger deal than the whole country.
80 mil is nothing to the trillions they gambled with loss, whatever you want to call it, nearly stopped our entire economy including all the other countries!
Not a single person from Wall Street or the Banks have been arrested isn't that peculiar?
In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t make any sense now does it!

Sure our Government will go after guys like Knoll but what about all the Wall Street higher ups and Banks that basically ripped people off of all their assets!
Then they get bailed out by the very people they ripped off!

I understand that Mr. Knoll will have to pay for whatever wrong he has done but there are others that did a lot worse and damaged more people than defrauding our government.
I guess if you screwed the Government it's a bigger deal than the whole country.
80 mil is nothing to the trillions they gambled with loss, whatever you want to call it, nearly stopped our entire economy including all the other countries!
Not a single person from Wall Street or the Banks have been arrested isn't that peculiar?
In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t make any sense now does it!
They have to know specifics and have facts first Bob ... sometimes it is too late and the damage is done. But, ask Bernie Madoff, the Enron Kingpins, and that junk bond guy if it was all worth it. They led the good life while ripping people off, but they got greedy, got caught, and are paying the price in prison. Plus, when they get out they will be dirt poor !!

Lots of people got hurt by thier greed, but justice has been served.

They have to know specifics and have facts first Bob ... sometimes it is too late and the damage is done. But, ask Bernie Madoff, the Enron Kingpins, and that junk bond guy if it was all worth it. They led the good life while ripping people off, but they got greedy, got caught, and are paying the price in prison. Plus, when they get out they will be dirt poor !!

Lots of people got hurt by thier greed, but justice has been served.

Hopefully they will be under the dirt about six feet should do! ;)
To bad we can't put our Government in prison!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back