European Invasion in Top Fuel (1 Viewer)

I've been to several races in Europe and they run a good show.
Cool,

I've been part of two Euro Pro Stock Bike-teams (one Euro-championship winner even!) and have worked the speaker booth for the bikes at every UEM Championship event for the last 4 years plus an odd one or two before that. We've had it to disussion before but when it turns up that we even have guests from across the ocean coming here it's about time for 'Mater meetings at our European events as well. For any US 'Maters visiting a European event, please make that known here so we can meet up.

As for us Euro 'Maters, time to plan ahead. Time flies, next one coming up is The Main Event...

Europeans in NHRA next year: there could be a more official announcement in a couple of weeks about a Euro Pro Stock car-team making a short NHRA tour in 2010.

Right, about announcing, if Bob and Alan sees this: "Nataas" is pronounced "Nahtaws". Sorta... :)

Regards
PiPPi
HarleyDrags.com

bad luck to lex and the team
maybe one of the others can go a few rounds,
what are the odds of a european winning top fuel???

The Andersens are two very smart men! Very underrated outside of Europe. I think if they get their race day tune up right, and Thomas does his job driving they have a good shot of going far in eliminations today. I know ill be backing them :)

Regards,

Mike

it was always going to be hard for the guys today. its a shame thomas boomed at the start as i think he had the best chance to win a round or 2 .. do not count him out in pomona. and urs did not lay down against schumacher . urs was pretty consistant all weekend. good luck to all in pomona. oh and congrats to lex and team on winning best appearing team.

Can I ask Bob...

When exactly was the last time you saw a top fuel team come from "out of nowhere" and qualify number 8 at their first NHRA national event?

Amazing that 75% of the European drivers entered in TF qualified for the field but only 57% of the Americans in attendance made the show, don't you think. ;)

Can I ask Bob...

When exactly was the last time you saw a top fuel team come from "out of nowhere" and qualify number 8 at their first NHRA national event?

Amazing that 75% of the European drivers entered in TF qualified for the field but only 57% of the Americans in attendance made the show, don't you think. ;)

bravo to that:D

yeah number 8 qualifier with 3.85 at your 1st race pretty damn good. urs making the field again with consistant runs.

now off to pomona, where erbacher made the semis last year :p

Can I ask Bob...

All the equipment they use is exactly everything all the major players are using. Same chassis's, blocks, heads, fuel pumps, blowers, injectors, tires and wheels. Heck more than half of the stuff they have is probably used stuff that the major players already played with anyway so the only difference is the driver and the best surface they probably ever ran on.
The tuners are usually from the U.S. but some of the of the best drivers in the world, in my opinion, come from Europe and the U.K. so it's not that big of a deal is it?
And to answer your question of a "team coming out of nowhere" technically how about the Army team everyone on their team is new except the driver or the Al-Anabi team which was non existent with Jason getting his chance as a first time crew chief! ;):p
Just in case you’re thinking it technically racing in Europe is not coming out of nowhere! They may be like our triple A league of the sport but none the less experienced.
Let me ask you a question the person who won in T/F this weekend who is a so called Rookie but won the IHRA championship last year do you think he came out of nowhere? :p

Can I ask Bob...

Speaking of Europeans where were you Chris??? I figured I'd surely see you there! Met a ton of people from Switzerland, Norway and the UK! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back