European Invasion in Top Fuel (1 Viewer)

Jon C

Nitro Member
Just a thread to wish all the European Top Fuel Racers good luck with your endevours in NHRA racing later this year:

Urs Erbacher
Thomas Nataas
Lex Joon
Stig Neergaard.

Also Derek Flynn in TAD, Adam Flamholc in Pro Modified and Spencer Tramm in the Sportsman ranks.

I know you will all give a good account of yourselves. The FIA Drag Racing series is the best kept secret in world motorsports.

Spread the word guys :)

Last edited:
I haven't seen Leif on the entry yet, do you know if he is bringing everything back for TA/FC?

Here's a pic with Stig and Alan Johnson from Gainesville!

492973832_w29tD-L.jpg

658627756_HPjwK-L-1.jpg

Photo of Stig launching at Santa Pod last month in his own TF car. To compete in Vegas he will be leasing Todd Paton's dragster,According to Eurodragster.

658627756_HPjwK-L-1.jpg

Photo of Stig launching at Santa Pod last month in his own TF car. To compete in Vegas he will be leasing Todd Paton's dragster,According to Eurodragster.

That's gotta be tough....coming over here and leasing a car the entire crew is unfamiliar with! They'll spend the entire weekend just getting familiar with the setup of the car? I saw that with Lief Heilander in Dallas.

That's gotta be tough....coming over here and leasing a car the entire crew is unfamiliar with! They'll spend the entire weekend just getting familiar with the setup of the car? I saw that with Lief Heilander in Dallas.

Very true Joe, but might be the trend of the future in these tough economic times. Drivers in leased fuel cars with a conservative tune up seem to be qualifying in these short fields and often going a round or two.

Difference is, the Todd Paton car has been 4.60s and 4.70s on a semi regular basis. The Simpson FC has never been out of it's own way.

good luck to all the Europeans taking part in Vegas and Pomona , will be real interesting to see them battling it out to see who qualifies. and possibly go rounds.

ps 1st post :)

Difference is, the Todd Paton car has been 4.60s and 4.70s on a semi regular basis. The Simpson FC has never been out of it's own way.

Todd's run some 5.0's I believe in that car, slow by todays standards but Lief couldn't even get off the line in that car in Dallas!

Jon, it was special for us to witness them racing to 1320 ft!!! Those racers were friendly to us even if they couldn't understand Texican!
You have any Corona's left?;):D
RO

Just a thread to wish all the European Top Fuel Racers good luck with your endevours in NHRA racing later this year:

Spread the word guys :)

Ya’ll are welcome! Come over and race….drag racers – are drag racers! No matter which side of the pond you’re on.

:)Like Jim Dunn says – when you pull into the beams you’ve got a shot! I say go for it!! All the better for the sport!

Todd's run some 5.0's I believe in that car, slow by todays standards but Lief couldn't even get off the line in that car in Dallas!

I'm not talking about Todd personally, I'm talking about the car he owns. It has run good and won IHRA events with a different driver over the last couple years.

qualifying
4 99 Todd Paton, Lake Forest CA, McKinney-TFX 4.845 297.68 297.68

round one 99 Todd Paton 0.099 4.716 308.99

Dean

666 Tim Boychuk
E1 0.044 3.890 300.53
Qualified: #16 3.925 304.60

Todds car in 1000 feet. Of course we knew Tim Boychuk was driving Todds car right??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jimbo's got a pretty damn good handle on Patons car. It will run the numbers needed. Whether Tim or Todd or even a 'Rental' driver is in the seat, it will run.

And it seems there is a little confusion on Todd's in a few posts.

Jimbo's got a pretty damn good handle on Patons car. It will run the numbers needed. Whether Tim or Todd or even a 'Rental' driver is in the seat, it will run.

And it seems there is a little confusion on Todd's in a few posts.

Jimbo Ermalovich? I thought he was crewing on Mitch King's car(s)?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back