ESPN2 Qualifying Time Moved? (1 Viewer)

mikebcurve

Nitro Member
Checked Saturday to make sure qualifying was still scheduled for 3 a.m. I avoid Facebook,Mater,NHRA.com, and Comp Plus all day so I wouldn't catch results before I watch it. Waited an hour thinking it was just running late and what do you know I figure out a 4:30 a.m. that it was apparently moved back to midnight. DIRECTV still showed it on the guide at the time it was suppose to be on. After spending a lot of money traveling to Indy for only 1 full session on Saturday due to rain (I know this wasn't anyones fault) and always sitting around waiting and waiting to watch something I have loved since I was a kid in the late 70's it's getting pretty hard to feel I'm not wasting a lot of time and money. I would watch it live on ESPN3 but none of the cable carriers in my area are on the approved list to view it. At least I can watch ADRL coverage live on the web. Could it be better? Yes but at least I know I will get to see it. Am I the only one that feels this way? The older I get the more I want to avoid anything that waste my time or frustrates me. It just seems to get harder and harder to view it. It's either starts late or qualifying gets moved around every time. Not too happy I stayed up half the night and it is not even on!:mad: Maybe I care too much and I need to get a life:rolleyes:...........

If you want to avoid results but get the correct times go to:

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN and look at "upcoming" by day. The first three catagories are "Auto Racing" "Nascar" and "NHRA" ... for some reason the Lucus Oil Drag Racing is under Auto Racing but the National Events are under NHRA.

Lets see if I can show you the link the way I want you to type it www watchespn com ... of course with dots in the correct places.

You can go to this even if you are not allowed access to watch ESPN3 or ESPN networks online.

I record several programs off of ESPN networks, trust me, NHRA is not the only one that gets screwed, my DirecTV DVR gets lots of junk recorded on it!

Last edited:
I saw tweets over the weekend saying it was on at midnight Eastern. It came on 30 minutes late, but it was on.

I can certainly sympathize with Mr. Burke. I think the NHRA needs to rethink the design of their website. Most of the time the race is over before the TV show starts. If I want to go online and see the round 1 results, there in the first panel are the winners of the race. I think that should be in a separate tab until after the TV coverage. Same with qualifying. If you want to read round-by-round results, the top qualifiers should be in a separate tab, along with the teams' twitter feeds... and there's that scroll in the bottom right on the results page telling you who is top qualifier. In other words, there are just too many spoilers on the website.

I would watch it live on ESPN3 but none of the cable carriers in my area are on the approved list to view it. At least I can watch ADRL coverage live on the web.

Hey Michael, a Nitromater friend who responded to this thread forgot to mention that he is supplying the ESPN3 live feed through another method at the following link. Hope you get on today and read this post before Eliminations are over, although you may want to wait and watch the ESPN2 show tonight without knowing the results.

de31168 - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Thank You Dave Wesolowski !!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back