EPISODE 1, COMPETITIONPLUSTV TOP TEN - TOP 10 OLD SCHOOL CRASHES (PRE-87) (1 Viewer)

Great video Bobby, keep em coming those r fun to watch except to maybe the people that were in them.
i been on both sides of that street...👍

Nicki and Del commented on one of the wrecks that the driver probably had to pay for the guard rail he destroyed. Were they just kidding or have drivers had to pay for damage they caused due to a wreck?

Brian Lohnes commentary had me rolling, especially at the end. I would love to sit near him at a bar and just listen to him tell stories from the track.

Nicki and Del commented on one of the wrecks that the driver probably had to pay for the guard rail he destroyed. Were they just kidding or have drivers had to pay for damage they caused due to a wreck?
I don't think the drivers had to pay for the guardrail. I think we used to call them Armco. At first it was one rail, then 2, and finally concrete like we have today. When I first started going to the drags at San Fernando, no guard rails at all. Pomona had hay bales on the spectator side. This is like 1961-1963, more or less. The Armco barriers were knife sharp if you rolled on top of them. There were some drivers that lost limbs because of that.

Great stuff!!
The many times over the years that Prudome was out of his car and grief striken he always put his hands behind his head with fingers interlaced. Walked around and gave the impression that he never wanted to be in another drag race. But we all know he always got back in the car for the next round.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back