Enough is enough.... it is VandegriFF, not VandegriTH! (1 Viewer)

Bullet

Nitro Member
Holy cow, how long is it going to take Paul Page to realize that it is VandegriFF, not VandegriTH?

It is driving me insane!!!

PS. I know it ain't a biggie, but it really irks me that a professional TV presenter can't get the name correct of a driver whose name he mentions on over 20 qualifying and race day shows a year!!

He actually slips the tongue on a number of drivers over a broadcast! He even called Whit Blazemore once, lol!:eek:

He was pretty painful to listen to again this weekend. You would think that after this many races he would be able to remember who people are. He certainly has "G-Man and "Grubby" stored in the memory banks.

Also, how cool was it that somebody ran 400 mph. The rev limiter must not have worked on that run.

Last edited:
He was pretty painful to listen to again this weekend. You would think that after this many races he would be able to remember who people are.

Also, how cool was it that somebody ran 400 mph. The rev limiter must not have worked on that run.
As a matter of fact I think it was 497 mph, wasn't it? Hell of a run!

He actually slips the tongue on a number of drivers over a broadcast! He even called Whit Blazemore once, lol!:eek:

Not that it really matters...but I seem to hear him always say "Gary Denshan"...maybe too many years of loud rock & roll have destroyed my hearing...but thats what I hear :)

T

And as long as we're on the subject, didn't I hear Paul say the first two times "Bob Paneea" instead of Panella? Not sure about that but it sure sounded like that.

Paul seems to have large pauses between his words.
sorry, only Bill Shattner is cool enough to talk like that.

John Kernan was a welcome addition to the broadcast.

There were two Mike Dunn moments that stuck in my head. One was during the opening dialouge between PP and MD. Mike kept looking at PP out of the corner of his eyes with discontent and I could almost read his thoughts. "Boy, I tell ya. This guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. In fact, he lost me about 5 minutes ago. Can we puleeeeze, in the name of all that is holy, get Dave Mac, Bob Frey, or Alan in here?"

The other was a long, long period of time where Mike didn't utter a single word. Page kept painfully rambling on during Mike's silence. We figured Mike had gotten fed up with him and left the booth...or it was potty time??

I can live with his blunders, but when the cars are staging he needs to shut the f@&! up!!!

After every race it's the same 'ol PageBash.

I think he's doing better..and a mini-second after the 497mph he corrected it.

I just get a vision of people taking notes of anything he says wrong..LOL..and just can't wait to get on here and complain.

I enjoy the broadcasts..and I'm willing to bypass Paul's minor mistakes.

Sorry, fellow Maters, Paul Page isn't the only one.
I enjoy Mike Dunn's commentary, but he uses nonexistent words such as "irregardless." He ends sentences with prepositions and still doesn't understand the difference between "ran" and "run."
If you seek grammatical errors you need look no further than the ads in National Dragster.
There is no "e" in Camaro.
The word is "sponsor" not sponser.
Axle is spelled that way; not a-x-e-l.
The proper abbreviation of the Latin term et cetera is "etc" not ect.
Nothwithstanding the ubiquity of error; Mr. Page's errors are significant because they appear to reflect a disinterest in our sport. Alas, he seems to be incapable of faking the requisite degree of sincerity.
He'd never make it in Hollywood!
Cheers,
Ed
"It ain't what folks don't know that's the problem. It's what they know, that just ain't so."

Nothwithstanding the ubiquity of error; Mr. Page's errors are significant because they appear to reflect a disinterest in our sport. Alas, he seems to be incapable of faking the requisite degree of sincerity.

That says it all right there.

Not to mention.... he would be reading the name from a screen where it is spelled correctly.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back