Englishtown Top End (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I was just reading about Denver's remodeling of their sand trap and I was wondering if anyone has heard what Englishtown has done to make their top end safer. The last I heard they were waiting for direction from the NHRA, but I see they have more then one track to model their sand trap after so I would think they would take the lead and build a sand trap similar to what we have seen in Pomona, Indy, and Atlanta or contract someone like Jim Head to build one of his vision.

I was just reading about Denver's remodeling of their sand trap and I was wondering if anyone has heard what Englishtown has done to make their top end safer. The last I heard they were waiting for direction from the NHRA, but I see they have more then one track to model their sand trap after so I would think they would take the lead and build a sand trap similar to what we have seen in Pomona, Indy, and Atlanta or contract someone like Jim Head to build one of his vision.

I think that top end design (ala Pomona et al) is now the NHRA standard, and they have been / are now / will be installing it at every NHRA national event site.

will there be exemptions for certain tracks? brainerd and phoenix
come to mind where there is ample shutdown area.

I was at etown in august for a top sportsman race with my dad (nearly won the damn thing 001 red in the finals :cool:) and made sure to take a look at the sandtrap and if any nets/runoff had been added. It looked like they had put up a much larger net in the back and some higher walls. They may have added some more since than but at that time it looked like they really improved it since that fateful day.

will there be exemptions for certain tracks? brainerd and phoenix
come to mind where there is ample shutdown area.

I don't think so, I believe people said that Phoenix had it at this year's race, and although I didn't inspect it up close when I was just there, I think Vegas had it too.

If you think about it, it makes sense. Long shutdown only helps if you are shutting down. But if you have a stuck throttle, or an unconscious driver, length isn't the problem -- you need something to catch/stop the car.

G-ville had the catch system implemented this year also. And G-ville is known to have a long shutdown. So im assuming it's all tracks regardless of length.

i'm gonna' go against the grain here and say that BIR will not require
this system......time will tell.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back