Enders spanks Anderson in the first round! (1 Viewer)

I personally don't like the courtesy stage thing in sportsman racing because it takes away a little of the gamesmanship that can go on. Just last year they implemented the courtesy stage rule in Comp, and again, I was pretty bummed about it, because I feel it's part of the game. I think this was a result of faster cars getting staged on, and then being "hurried" into stage as a result. Enough complaining, and the rule was changed.

With all the comments on this thread predicting that we will see a rush of this in the coming races, I tend to agree. Unfortunately I will predict that it will have the same result. People will whine, and we'll be watching courtesy staging in some (if not all) the pro classes. I really hope this doesn't happen, but it could be inevitible.

I feel that no matter what, it is the driver's responsibility to understand the rules. He let his team and his sponsors down because he didn't do his job. Even for the argument that "in Prostock, it's an understanding that if someone double bulbs, that the starter will give the other driver all the time needed," thank god that didn't happen. That's crap! Why would anyone ever take the chance on getting a break from the starter? Know the rules, play by the rules, and win or lose by the rules.

And how was he an ass? You only saw what the rest of us did and that was KB in his face showing his lack of understanding of the starting line procedure. I actually thought he showed restraint.
It hardly looked to me like KB was in his face. KB was just standing close so they could hear each otther and looked pretty damn calm. Stewart just kept repeating "I waited" over and over...he was acting like a little kid with his fingers in his ears going "la la la la...I can't hear you." :rolleyes:

As for Erica's comment ... a 1.387 second reaction time ain't nothing to brag about. If Greg hadn't miscued it was Erica that would have had her ass tree'd real good.

Not defending Erica...believe me..., but it's a good bet she saw Greg's red light and just left when ever.

It hardly looked to me like KB was in his face. KB was just standing close so they could hear each otther and looked pretty damn calm. Stewart just kept repeating "I waited" over and over...he was acting like a little kid with his fingers in his ears going "la la la la...I can't hear you." :rolleyes:

As for Erica's comment ... a 1.387 second reaction time ain't nothing to brag about. If Greg hadn't miscued it was Erica that would have had her ass tree'd real good.

How is she going to cut a light when she doesn't have the motor up? You can't even look at her light on that pass. Any driver with an ounce of experience will never bring the R's up until it's pretty obvious (sounds like and looks like) their competition is ready to turn on the second bulb! :rolleyes:

One of the most infamous DQ/timed out happened during qualifing. One year @ Atlanta,all Darrell Alderman had to do was qualify to make the P/S Duel. He ran his teammate,Mark Osborne in the Friday night session. Mark mistakingly double bulbed Darrell and Darrell got timed out and the rest is history. This is correct if my memory isn't gone,ANYBODY?:confused:
I don't believe Darrel Alderman has raced since Autostart has been installed.

I don't believe Darrel Alderman has raced since Autostart has been installed.

Autostart was implimented in 01,he raced with Allen Johnson in 03 and won the Gators in 02. I'm pretty sure I'm right about what happened. I know Reinhart knows the deal if he will care to share.

Mike I believe you are right, but I don't remember the timing... But I sorta remember something along those lines.

Michael

Man,what a memory I have and amazing what a little research will do. Here it is straight from the archives of NHRA.

Left Lane: Mark Osborne Runs 6.935/199.37, Now #6
Best prior run: 6.981/198.26, Was #24
Right Lane: Darrell Alderman No Time, Now #24
Best prior run: 6.979/198.67, Was #23

It appeared that Alderman took too long to stage, the red light coming on in his lane. Yup, he misses this critical session and will have to get in tomorrow. Osborne uses a 1.037 60-foot time to launch himself back into the field, bumping Strouse. Now it's Jim Yates on the bubble at 6.957.

Left Lane: Hurley Blakeney Runs 6.991/197.54, Now #16
Best prior run: 6.952/198.76, Was #16
Right Lane: Darrell Alderman Runs 7.001/198.41, Now #18
Best prior run: 6.956/199.08, Was #18

This was Alderman's last shot at the Holley Duel, and he comes up seven seconds short (the time allowed for staging by the autostart system once the other car is fully staged). Now the battle is between Bruce Allen and Troy Coughlin.

This is from the 01 Atlanta Southern Nationals.

Last edited:
Not defending Erica...believe me..., but it's a good bet she saw Greg's red light and just left when ever.

BS Remember the JForce incident.. He got his run DQ'd for a Double RED when he Left before Green a few years ago. Gee wiz look at the TV when they race it was plain as day she left on green.

BS Remember the JForce incident.. He got his run DQ'd for a Double RED when he Left before Green a few years ago. Gee wiz look at the TV when they race it was plain as day she left on green.

Bob, I think that was Jim's point. She left on full green and wasn't trying for a quick reaction, once she saw she was alone.:)

Enders' reaction time supports her statement that the double-bulb wasn't intentional. She wasn't ready for the tree to activate, nor was Anderson.

Actually, that was a very very good light considering the circumstances.

Let's see, she just double bulbed, motor on idle (or close to it) GA prestages, she is waiting on GA to stage so she can mat the loud pedal (normal procedure in Pro Stock), she sees his red, then her brain tells her.... ohhhhhhh SHIT he IS red, her brain says, right foot hit the floor, left foot off the clutch, time to go. See Ya!!!!! Less than second and a half ain't bad in my book. If you want to become her driving coach, I am sure Greg and Erica would love to hear what you have to offer. :rolleyes:

Oh, I just wanted to be post 121

Last edited:
The whole point of what I have posted is the FACT that the racers do understand the autostart, the difference being what we were told back in 02 versus what GL is stating now. And while we are at it I will restate the fact that RS did hold the autostart or it wouldn't have been 9.5 seconds.

Michael

pressure from what??!!!

You're seeing the "pressure" now,a 200+ point lead has shrunk to less than 90 points or one race. Can you imagine if Jeggie takes the points lead before Indy,talking about "pressure". I wasn't much for the countdown but right now I think it's one hell of an idea.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back