Enders spanks Anderson in the first round! (1 Viewer)

even as a huge greg anderson fan, im happy for erica, they need round wins, gregs car wasnt right all weekend, hopefully he can staighten it out next week. i hope erica goes all the way today!

Yeah, way to sleigh the dragon.:rolleyes:

Sleigh:
sleight.jpg

:p

I thought she quite racing, thank god for American Dragster! :rolleyes:
All kidding aside take them as you can get them! ;)

I wouldn't call it a spanking but another mistake by GA. One good run out of 5,wonder if he's feeling the "pressure"? If this kind of stuff keeps up, ( I hope it does) there will be a new P/S Champ come Pomona besides KB Racing.

It was my understanding that the timer started after the both pre stage lights were turned on, regardless of when one stage bulb is turned on. It apears that that was the case here.

It was my understanding that the timer started after the both pre stage lights were turned on, regardless of when one stage bulb is turned on. It apears that that was the case here.
From what I've understood in the past, and what the article says, is that the 7 seconds doesn't start until three bulbs were turned on: both pre-stage and one stage light.

What Greg Anderson is claiming is that the auto-start is not supposed to be used when one driver rolls in and turns on both the pre-stage and stage lights before the other driver has lit his pre-stage bulb.

From what I've understood in the past, and what the article says, is that the 7 seconds doesn't start until three bulbs were turned on: both pre-stage and one stage light.

What Greg Anderson is claiming is that the auto-start is not supposed to be used when one driver rolls in and turns on both the pre-stage and stage lights before the other driver has lit his pre-stage bulb.

The timer starts once the first stage bulb is turned on.
Regardless of what goes on in the other lane.
That's where courtesy staging comes into play.

I have accidently bumped into the stage bulb myself, fortunately my competitor got staged before timing out. :eek:

The timer starts once the first stage bulb is turned on.
Regardless of what goes on in the other lane.
That's where courtesy staging comes into play.
Everything I've read says 3 bulbs: both drivers pre-stage bulbs and one drivers stage bulb, then the 7 seconds begins. Greg is arguing that the auto-start is not supposed to be used when one driver lights both their bulbs before the other has even pre-staged. All I want to know is if Greg is correct about the autostart not supposed to be used when one driver lights both bulbs while the other driver hasn't even pre-staged.

Well, it's great to see a thread that isn't critical of Erica (yet). :rolleyes: Although it seems to me that Greg Anderson got screwed by the 7 second auto-timeout but I'll wait till the TV show tonight to see what really happened as I'm sure they'll make a big deal out of it.

Everything I've read says 3 bulbs: both drivers pre-stage bulbs and one drivers stage bulb, then the 7 seconds begins. Greg is arguing that the auto-start is not supposed to be used when one driver lights both their bulbs before the other has even pre-staged. All I want to know is if Greg is correct about the autostart not supposed to be used when one driver lights both bulbs while the other driver hasn't even pre-staged.

Brent,
I've been racing AHDRA for many years. When the auto start came in we were told to courtesy stage. I have seen others time out in this situation.
And that always stirred emotions.
Of course the rules could very well be different in NHRA, than what we run.

Friends, I am so sorry for having to say this. I am glad for Greg's success in pro stock, but part of me wants to tell him:

"Dude, you're 201 points ahead in first place, you qualify everytime #1 and win almost every race. Stop freaking crying about it. It doesn't matter."

On a second note, I know it does matter, and that he cares.

But...I think we all know how to beat Greg Anderson now. Do a quick quick burnout. Back up really fast. Stage both bulbs before he's done with the burnout. You'll win everytime.

:D

I'm interested to see this on TV. DRC says that she staged after he prestaged and the DRO article says it was a matter of timing.

Could it have been that close that he didn't notice that she staged after he prestaged?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back