Dwayne Rice testing at the ROCK... (1 Viewer)

jackass

Nitro Member
Dwayne Rice was in town this weekend testing a new NHRA Pro Stock ride... Nice new car.. no great runs to mention ...still getting the kinks out... but every run they were gaining it seemed....

Billy

i tried to attach a photo but it says i am over my limit .. and i don't have any other attachments up.....lol

Last edited:
Dwayne Rice was in town this weekend testing a new NHRA Pro Stock ride... Nice new car.. no great runs to mention ...still getting the kinks out... but every run they were gaining it seemed....

Billy

i tried to attach a photo but it says i am over my limit .. and i don't have any other attachments up.....lol

I'd like to see him do well, as he's one of the good guys. Hopefully he will have access to the power he needs to compete. I've seen his run data before, and can guarantee that driving skills won't be a problem.

Dan.. i don't know what the numbers ended up being by the end of the day.. but any man who is under his car and comes out and walks over to me and just says hi.. and talks a bit.. has got me pulling for him...

i've seen a lot of tests here that the crews look like lost ants.. all over and getting nothing done.. that can't be said here.. turn around was awesome and to the point.. which impressed me a ton.... hope the test was productive...

Billy

Would love to see the photo.

anyone help?

What more can you tell me about this team ? no to familuar

Would love to see the photo.

anyone help?

What more can you tell me about this team ? no to familuar

Dwayne's been around a while and is known for having top-notch stuff. For example, when he decided he needed to step up from a duallie/fifth wheel rig he simply bought Connie Kalitta's rig at the end of that year.

I met him when he was racing Comp Eliminator in NHRA and Modified in IHRA while he was working his way up to PS. He was running a 6XX inch Sonny engine and did quite well. As I remember, he was the first full bodied Modified in IHRA history to go 200 mph.

The most impressive (and fun) thing I remember his team doing was when they entered PS at Darlington just because. Yes, they still had the 632" engine. They were qualified until the last session and I heard this caused no end of annoyance to Sonny Leonard as all his 815" customers were wanting to know why this "squeak" motor was running right with them.

He's been racing IHRA PS since then, and I haven't seen him for a while. But like others have said in this thread, he is a very down to earth guy - the kind you'd like to see do well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back