Dunn and Cory Mac (1 Viewer)

Ok you Aussie's, we're counting on you to provide us some Aussie Eye Candy! God knows you've been scamming on mine all year!:p:eek:;)

scrapie%20sheep.jpg

I haven't been to Australia but here's a sweet little number that I met last time I was in New Zealand.

wyominghooker.jpg

Mark,
How you doing mate?
If Dunn or any of the other racers have hand out cards, can you collect these? That's if you are going to fork out that joke of an entry cost

Hey Mike, how's things.
I'm only 20 mins away but I'm not going. No offence to them, but I just can't get excited about paying big bucks for Dunn and Cory Mac.
Now if it was nitro Funny cars that's a different matter ;) would be there in a heartbeat - and I must be getting old cause I seem to enjoy the Nostalgia drags more ...:(

and Joe, weather is very humid and overcast so while the racing will be on, don't like your chances of seeing any candy.....pity that.

cheers,
Mark.

Hey Mike, how's things.
I'm only 20 mins away but I'm not going. No offence to them, but I just can't get excited about paying big bucks for Dunn and Cory Mac.
Now if it was nitro Funny cars that's a different matter ;) would be there in a heartbeat - and I must be getting old cause I seem to enjoy the Nostalgia drags more ...:(

and Joe, weather is very humid and overcast so while the racing will be on, don't like your chances of seeing any candy.....pity that.

cheers,
Mark.

I don't blame you mate, I doubt you'd find me paying $50, then I'd have gone because I like Top Alcohol. But considering I paid $60 for two days of door slammers and fuel bikes the other weekend. 100$ for two days of racing, doesn't really cut it. Not to mention the fact I'll never spend my money on that track.... for obvious reasons ;)

I think you need to come to one of our F/C meets here in Perth :)

Hey Mike, how's things.

cheers,
Mark.

I was just on the Dragster.au board and that was said many times! I guess $50 a day in Aussieland is pretty pricey! Since the shows here in the States have been over $50 for Sat-Sun for 10 years or more! I don't know the comparison I guess...

I was just on the Dragster.au board and that was said many times! I guess $50 a day in Aussieland is pretty pricey! Since the shows here in the States have been over $50 for Sat-Sun for 10 years or more! I don't know the comparison I guess...

Joe,
I've been to plenty of venues, sporting and concerts, where the entry fee is anywhere from $50-$100 and haven't blinked an eye if I get my money's worth. The main problem here is the fans are screaming out for the return of Nitro Funny Cars and bigger field sizes (only 8 car TF shows here). I think if some of the NHRA FC teams were at the race this weekend, people would be far less hesitant to spend that kind of money.
I went to the NHRA finals in '06, and believe me, without bagging our shows, you guys see a hell of a lot more racing than we do for virtually the same price. I guess the key word here is VARIETY.....us Aussies are getting kinda bored with just TF...fans want FC back here.
On a sidenote...the cost of living in Australia is going through the roof. Its a fantastic place, but damn pricey....check out our interest rate rises, the cost of fuel, etc and you will see why Aussies in general are more concerned about the cost of things than ever before...entertainment included.

Thats my rant....on the plus side, last night's racing looked great, and it was the quickest 8 car Fuel field here ever. :D

DAN

I'm not certain what the exchange rate is at the moment but when an Aussie says 50.00 and an american says 50.00 the two amounts might not be equal?:)

1 US dollar is equal to 1.14 Australia dollars. 50 Australia dollars is worth roughly 44 US dollars.

Joe,
I've been to plenty of venues, sporting and concerts, where the entry fee is anywhere from $50-$100 and haven't blinked an eye if I get my money's worth. The main problem here is the fans are screaming out for the return of Nitro Funny Cars and bigger field sizes (only 8 car TF shows here). I think if some of the NHRA FC teams were at the race this weekend, people would be far less hesitant to spend that kind of money.
I went to the NHRA finals in '06, and believe me, without bagging our shows, you guys see a hell of a lot more racing than we do for virtually the same price. I guess the key word here is VARIETY.....us Aussies are getting kinda bored with just TF...fans want FC back here.
On a sidenote...the cost of living in Australia is going through the roof. Its a fantastic place, but damn pricey....check out our interest rate rises, the cost of fuel, etc and you will see why Aussies in general are more concerned about the cost of things than ever before...entertainment included.

Thats my rant....on the plus side, last night's racing looked great, and it was the quickest 8 car Fuel field here ever. :D

DAN

Dan, at the Dallas race about '96-'97 I'm guessing, I met an Aussie Couple attending their first American Drag race. They were STUNNED when they saw just how many FC's and Dragsters in both Nitro and Alcohol categories were there! He flat out told me how we American's have it made! And I guess since I've never seen a race in any other Country I guess it's easy to take for granted. I couldn't imagine paying $50-60 just to watch one 8 car Fuel field. But remember, FC's are Far more Expensive to run which is why I think they may have died out down there. One Crewchief who's tuned on both Dragsters and Floppers told me that you can get by with 6 crew members on a Dragster, whereas a FC you need 8! That translates into more $$$!

I had heard but don't know for sure if it was ever seriously considered that Carl Olson who worked for NHRA was trying to negotiate an American Tour with 4 Dragsters and 4 FC's back sometime in the 90's. The deal was to work with Connie Kalitta to arrange to fly these cars down there. But I guess they couldn't find the Sponsors needed to pull it off and they canned it. That's all I ever heard about that! Sure be a Treat for the Huge Aussie Drag fan base!

Last edited:
Dunn and Cory are both throught the first round. Looks like it was a pretty messy round, with the quickest run being a 5.18. Dunn now faces Mark Mariani and Cory faces Phil Read in the semi's. Take a look atDragster.com.au - Forum (page 20) for more detailed result.
A massive hailstorm has just swept throught the area where the race track is. No word yet weather or not there was any damage to cars ect. I think they are now drying the track

Last edited:
Phil Read just beat Cory Mac 4.75 to a 5.35
Dunn beat Mariani, aparently the time wasn't pretty

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back