Driver Switch at DSR? (1 Viewer)

Paul, you didn't keep up with that rumour. Gene Snow has responded to it by stating he was NOT interested in going TF racing again, but he did look at what Don Prudhomme had left of his TF stuff and said it was nothing he was interested in or something to that effect. Spencer Massey is gonna have to find another owner to put him back in an NHRA top fueler.

That Snow went to look at the Snakes stuff sort of leaves one wondering !
If he is not interested why the interest ?
He was in I think a FRAM shirt greeting and shaking hands with everyone including DS at Dallas .

That Snow went to look at the Snakes stuff sort of leaves one wondering !
If he is not interested why the interest ?
He was in I think a FRAM shirt greeting and shaking hands with everyone including DS at Dallas .

Larry, thanks for the more recent Gene Snow sighting info. Definitely sounds like some Silly Season stuff going on now. I like Cory Mac and really thought this was gonna be his year, and it sure started out that way, but with Larry Dixon looking darn near invincible now, Cory coming back from his current deficit in the points will require another couple of collapses by the Al Anabi team in the next 3 races. Hope it stays interesting.

Running 3.80 not exactly a collapse..............:)

Okay, Mel you got me on that one. Larry Dixon ran great, 3.802, and got beat on a holeshot by Shawn Langdon, and that is what would need to happen in early rounds of the next races. The Al-Anabi team just lost in round 2, but certainly not due to a collapse. I don't think they will collapse by any means. Poor choice of words.

Before they were fired The Don tried to squash the rumors that they were being fired. :D

Oh, and I don't think The Don is getting rid of Cory Mac. Unlike Twit and Snotty, he's a team player and doesn't put his foot in his mouth and act like a jerk.

Before you type Twit and Snotty on the keyboard in your Jeff Rutledge NY Giants jersey, give Whit and Scotty some respect for what they've done in drag racing. That's all. I mean when I rolled out my FAST ORANGE diecast from the box it had smoke damage, and 3/4 burned body! :D Meanwhile I couldn't see the shop floor at Cannon's with all the trophies thru the years!

Before you type Twit and Snotty on the keyboard in your Jeff Rutledge NY Giants jersey, give Whit and Scotty some respect for what they've done in drag racing. That's all. I mean when I rolled out my FAST ORANGE diecast from the box it had smoke damage, and 3/4 burned body! :D Meanwhile I couldn't see the shop floor at Cannon's with all the trophies thru the years!

very well spoken!!!

Great post Steve. Everyone is entitled to have favorites, and even dislike certain drivers, but these racers at the very least deserve to be respected for their efforts. Unless a person has actually raced, it's impossible to understand what people go through to compete in this sport. And the two mentioned above are certainly great examples of hard-core racers that have accomplished a lot.

Thanks! I didn't mean to attempt a minor rip on Sam, he's a quailty guy who's given a ton to the Mater. Having said that, the Skins are sure to go 3-0 in the NFC EAST after the NYGiants!

:D

I never said they couldn't drive. They both are great drivers but sadly they let their personality get the best of them.

Kind of like a beautiful woman that runs her mouth off. She's hot but when she opens her mouth the attraction to her just plummets.

Clearly this is just a case of "the money's gone", and not something like the Whit affair. I'm sure a guy who is 3rd in the points, only 5 rounds out of the lead, is not a guy you'd toss to the curb if he had the sponsor support.

Hole shot loses are not tolerated by Don. Once he has your sponsor secured with DSR, then you are on thin ice. All three were asked to leave for losing too many rounds via the hole shot.

Don't blame Honeywell as they, along with DSR, believed they had a championship car this year, and with the addition of a driver that leaves like Spencer, they feel they will have a good chance in the future.

And they still support NHRA racing and a professional team, more than can be said about any other filter company.

Further looking at this. Cory's holeshot losses this year (AFAICT):

Dallas v. TonyS
Joliet v. Torrence
Topeka v. TonyS
Gainesville v. Langdon

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back