Joliet v. Torrence
Topeka v. TonyS
Gainesville v. Langdon

Tony Schumacher's scorecard:

Holeshot loss to Dixon, Pomona 1
Holeshot loss to Torrence, Phoenix
.168 light at Charlotte 1 in a losing effort
.114 light at Houston in a losing effort
Lost to Cory Mac, Brainerd. Cory, .071. Schu, .097.

He's only human, guys, the same as Cory. What should the Old Man do? Run Tony's a$$ off, too? He's 41 years old, after all.... :rolleyes:

Tony Schumacher's scorecard:

Holeshot loss to Dixon, Pomona 1
Holeshot loss to Torrence, Phoenix
.168 light at Charlotte 1 in a losing effort
.114 light at Houston in a losing effort
Lost to Cory Mac, Brainerd. Cory, .071. Schu, .097.

He's only human, guys, the same as Cory. What should the Old Man do? Run Tony's a$$ off, too? He's 41 years old, after all.... :rolleyes:

Aside from the obvious family ties, it's hard to look past Tony's seven championships vs. Cory's none. I'm a huge Cory Mac fan, but Tony has consistently delivered in the clutch, when the pressure's high - Cory has been inconsistent, especially in the last few years.

Aside from the obvious family ties, it's hard to look past Tony's seven championships vs. Cory's none. I'm a huge Cory Mac fan, but Tony has consistently delivered in the clutch, when the pressure's high - Cory has been inconsistent, especially in the last few years.

Yeah, but how many championships would Cory have if AJ was his crew chief............;) In this case, it's all about the family ties.

Anybody that knows anything about nitro racing knows that it's waaaaay more about the crew chiefs than the drivers. Pro Stock it ain't...........

Sean D

Yeah, but how many championships would Cory have if AJ was his crew chief............;) In this case, it's all about the family ties.

Anybody that knows anything about nitro racing knows that it's waaaaay more about the crew chiefs than the drivers. Pro Stock it ain't...........

Sean D

Very difficult, if not impossible to argue that point, Sean.

A true test, and one that will likely NEVER happen, would be to put Morgan Lucas in the Al-Anabi car for a season.

Now, before all the Morgan Lucas fans go jumping down my throat let me explain my thought.

Admittedly, Morgan has gone through a plethora of crew chiefs since his debut in Top Fuel. Some argue it's the Crew Chief's fault, others contend it's Morgan. NOBODY can argue the talents in the Al-Anabi camp. And being successful in Drag Racing is all about eliminating variables... So, if you eliminate the Crew Chief (and the crew) as a variable, you're left with the driver. If Morgan were successful in that seat, well, we'd know he's not to blame for his team's struggles.

If you want to blame the driver, the stat that matters (IMHO) is 1st off the line. Here, according to the latest National Dragster, the numbers in TF are not in Cory's favor. To wit:

Langdon: .841 (holy cow!)
Brown: .728
Torrance: .667
Bernstein: .571
Kalitta: .542
Schumacher: .500
Lucas: .500
Dixon: .430
McMillen: .385
Grubnic: .367
McClenathan: .328
Buff: .286

And before people start talking about age vis Langdon and Brown, it's interesting to note that there are three pro drivers (TF, FC, PS, PSM) with percentages over .700. Two are shown above. The other is ... John Force with .759.

Not saying anything about the decision that's been made, whether it's "fair", or whatever, just laying out the stats.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back