Drag Racing commercials? (1 Viewer)

Shoot...If I had money I'd freakin' HIRE you guys!!! Some pretty solid promo ideas with just a little money added!

LOL, some of these ideas are awesome, especially the Elvis one with Force. Gotta have it a cheesy Elvis impersonator though, not Elvis Costello. For the humor factor, have it really weird, find an Asian Elvis impersonator.

I remember the Drag Racing Tips, the ones with Force, Jeggy, Angelle, where all Force says is "Dont Turn!", those were good also.

I would really like to see these ideas come to life, whatever it takes to get rid of that stupid Powerade commercial with the girl lifting weights with the one huge man's arm. I absolutely HATE that commercial, especially the music with it.

few random ideas...

force in the sportscenter break room telling them about that time in memphis and how he saw elvis at a 1000' ft....elvis walks in, gets coffee..

scelzi helping some goofy ass mascot steal capp's funny car.

force, mascot, elevator...no writers needed..

bazemore and dunn on their cycles...scelzi driving by and splashing them...

How bout a commercial with one of the CSK FC's in the parking lot at a local CSK store and Del fires the car up and shatters all the windows!

Amen to the girl lifting weights commercial,it's right stale. ESPN has a commercial out now with some "pro motorcycle guy", something to do with his Kawasaki green suit.
Would'nt think motorcycle racing is any more popular than drag racing.

They could even throw one out there about diversity.

while other sports have to start programs and have plans to promote diversity, here at nhra powerade drag racing we have always been about lhaving the best people compete and win, regardless of age, sex or race.
or something like that

then show the variety that we have. WJ and Densham, Antron and JR Todd, all the ladies, the Pedregon bro's.

I like the idea of a ups dragster ad, they could show Fedex and dhl slowly driving around then a modfified, stretch 1/2 dragtster 1/2 ups truck looking thing go flying by with bob delivering packages. Span out to a map of small dots representing another delivery for each of the 3 companies but of course with fast ups they'd delivery dots are lightening fast and keep counting.
What can brown do for you? Deliver on time and faster then those other companies.

I should compyright these I may fall upon a good idea eventually lol

please.......
make the elvis commercial - absolutely brilliant; and make him
asian as suggested.
elvis can walk in, get a cup of coffee, look at john,
point at him/make pistol gesture with hand and wink,
then walk out.

classic.

please.......
make the elvis commercial - absolutely brilliant; and make him
asian as suggested.
elvis can walk in, get a cup of coffee, look at john,
point at him/make pistol gesture with hand and wink,
then walk out.

classic.

That would be so cool, John is just rambling on and on, in walks Elvis, and John just gets silent.

Hell, John going silent, that alone would be incredible!!!:D

Last edited:
How about John's so busy talking and everyone else is so busy listening that they don't even SEE the Elvis walk in, get a cup of coffee, stand there looking interested for a few seconds, then leave while John's STILL talking? :D

The cool part is that could actually set up for a series of commercials in which the Elvis keeps walking in and leaving different scenarios without anyone noticing while John's busy talking. I believe people tend to become more affectionately attached to several commercials done in a series like that instead of one good individual one. The ongoing theme would be that, no matter where they're at or what they're doing, Elvis can walk in and out while John's talking and nobody notices. LOL, he could be sitting on the can, talking on the cell phone, and Elvis walks in and out.

Ha! As a final one, have Elvis backing John up or something where John's the only one who can see him. He's yelling and pointing and nobody can hear him over the engine? In the commercial you could hear a muffled, in the helmet voice yelling "Hey! He's right there everybody!!!....." End it with Coil shaking his head in disbelief while John's yelling about it after the run. Everyone walks away while he's still yelling "You didn't see him? He was right there!"

Last edited:
I was recently in Roanoke, VA and was surprised to see a lot of commercials on ESPN for the race at Bristol, not a bad commercial either. Once again there is Bruton Smith for you.

I remember the Drag Racing Tips, the ones with Force, Jeggy, Angelle, where all Force says is "Dont Turn!", those were good also.

Angelle going "Hang on! Weally weally tight!"

Then her acting as a 'showgirl' showing off the bottle.

I also liked her "Even my grandma reads National Dragsta"

The Geico commercial with Steven?? Wallace is my favorite, all time... If he gets anywhere near me, I'm putting him in the wall!! :D I can't find it using Google which is quite shocking to me... :eek: The cave men have got to go... But every one of Will Hanna's idea's are gold...

http://www.nitromater.com/66229-post19.html

Remember the PowerAde commercials with the Army dragster and with John Force? . . . made me want to drink PowerAde. The current commercials? . . .make me wish HeadOn was advertising!
I don't watch the taxicabs or such minor league stuff as IndyCar, so, I'll ask: Does ABC/ESPN promote drag racing during their events?
I am grateful for the support that Coca Cola provides our sport, but they don't get full value as they don't utilize what they have.
My frustration is exacerbated because our own marketing partners don't always realize what our team does and can do for them. We'd like to do more for the people who sponsor us.
Cheers,
Ed

I don't consider IndyCar minor league. They don't have to pay for their own television coverage, they race live, they have a larger TV audience than NHRA, and everyone in the country has heard of the Indy 500.

Ed has some very good points about the teams wanting to do more.

Most of you are talking about NHRA doing commercials. While that is nice it is not all that is needed. The SPONSORS need to utilize the teams in commercials. If a sponsor is giving a team 3 million dollars why don't they use them. NASCAR isn't responsible for Kasey Kahne being all over the tube. VALVOLINE, DODGE, etc. are responsible. You would think that if sponsors are making the investment it would be in their best interests to promote the sport and their driver in the mainstream media. Advertising on ESPN2 alone will not grow the sport. Just another angle along with my 2 cents.

heres the link to the warren/kenny wallace commercial...my new fav

YouTube - Warren Wallace on Mike Wallace
Thanks Will
That kid cracks me up... :D
Whoever made those Warren Wallace commercials, needs to try their hand at your suggestions...
Force and the mascot with elevator music and the look on Forces face as the doors are closing would be priceless... :D It would just have to be the perfect mascot for the mood... :p

Back to watch Warren Wallace... :D

On Jeff Burk's sight on his current Burk's blast he really nails it when he says that NHRA is constantly competing with racers for sponsorships! I did hear from an Alky racer a couple of years ago who was in negotiation with a Possible sponsor, that they did NOT want to let out who this sponsor was for Fear that NHRA would go after them! Who would ever think that a Racing organization would pirate a racers' sponsor! I guess you can't trust anyone anymore...:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back