Doug Herbert urging kids to drive responsibly (1 Viewer)

Very sad that other parents knew about his kids driving recklessly and he didn't.

I used to hate it when I was growing up when somebody would call my parents to tell them I was speeding or running lights or something but in cases like this, it may've saved lives.

Very sad! Man why didn't other parents approach Sonnie or Doug and let them know. That is SOOO very sad :(

Very sad! Man why didn't other parents approach Sonnie or Doug and let them know. That is SOOO very sad :(

'It takes a village' to raise a child. It's too bad but most parents won't approach another parent and say 'hey your kid is doing this and I thought you'd want to know'. If you ever tried it you know why. There are too many parents out there that shoot the messenger in that situation. We used to have a society that worked that way , where people looked out for each other.

Doug is showing so much character in how he's handled this.

I founded and ran a youth safety program called Team Safety in Oregon for the Department of Transportation. It was a youth safety program with a motorsports theme. We started with nothing and at it's peak we had 70 members doing 30 events per year at schools and other venues. Cristen Powell, Parker Johnstone, and the Parker Bros. were our biggest name members. Cristen was hot at the time as she just one Englishtown.

The powers that be decided they could do a better job running it then me and they went from a viable program to just a couple of members doing 1 or 2 events per year. We know such a program works as a girl told one of our members at the time that she decided not to get in the car with a drunk driver that later crashed his car and died that same night. She credited one of our presentations as the reason why she didn't. I'm sure there were more.

'It takes a village' to raise a child. It's too bad but most parents won't approach another parent and say 'hey your kid is doing this and I thought you'd want to know'. If you ever tried it you know why. There are too many parents out there that shoot the messenger in that situation. We used to have a society that worked that way , where people looked out for each other.

Doug is showing so much character in how he's handled this.

Exactly. You resent it when you are being young and dumb but as you get older and have 'kids' of your own, you tend to appreciate it more.

Not long ago, I narrowly avoided being an accident and pulled over to help the vehicles that were involved, my car was parked there next to one of the wrecked cars and I called my dad right after i called 911. It's a good thing I did, because 6 people had called my dad within 15 minutes to ask if I'd been in an accident or if they even knew there was an accident with my car near by.

On one hand, it could have caused unneccesary panic if people were calling one right after another asking if I was in an accidnent when I wasn't involved, but on the other hand, if I'd been injured in that accident, somebody would have been notified.

It's nice to know that being 25 years old, people still look out for me.
One of the reasons I'd called my dad right after was it was close enough that I thought they might hear sirens and my mom would panic. Happy Moms make better dinners

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back