Dogs (1 Viewer)

My Lucy would love your Cletus, Doc, heh. Any dog she can walk under is her kind of dog. LOL.

A few years ago I took her to the off leash dog park at Marymoor Park in Redmond and as we were meandering along she came upon an English Mastiff. She was smitten. She kept circling around him, under, around, sniff sniff sniff.

She's a tall beagle but still a small dog. About 16 inches (probably came from a backyard breeder that disregarded AKC breed standards) and 38 pounds.

1173046419.jpg

dont_leave_me.jpg

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAwMjEuanBn.jpg

pumpkin001.jpg

Oh just a few more. I seem to take a lot of pics of the pets. LOL. Imagine what will happen when I have kids! :p

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxMTkuanBn.jpg

And my psycho cat Mackenzie:
mine.jpg

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAyMjIuanBn.jpg

This was Pepper, a an Afghan/Setter mix. We had to put her down back in Nov '06, she was 13 and when they took her away at the vet I cried like a Baby!

Here's our French Bulldog, Lilly. She'll be a year old on August 13!!!! And like Kelly's boxer, she doesn't do the heat to well either. She is a spoiled little girl. August 24 or so we will be picking up a new little sister for her. You can never have just one Frenchie!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Size of a boxer? Huh! My son's German Shepherds can walk under him without touching.

LOL...I didn't mean that! I just meant he looked small for a great dane. And of course, they do have similar features. Laila is oversized for a boxer, especially a female! She's almost 4 inches taller than her daddy. She dwarfs most of them we come across.

Point taken....your dog is bigger than mine! ;) :D

I love all these threads that turn into pet pics galore! Keep 'em comin'!

This is the longest period I have went in my life without having a dog and it is rough. I miss having a dog REAL BAD, but with my travel schedule, it would be impossible and probably cruel to try to have a pet. If I ever get a normal job again, my next dog is going to be a King Charles Spaniel or a 13" Beagle.

Same here Chris. After my Mato (mah-TOE) died in March, I didn't adopt another dog because I had some health issues to take care of. The first one is over... total hip replacement. I still have carpal tunnel surgery, and a diagnosis for the pain I have in my lower spin around the tailbone. Until I have a lot less pain then I currently experience, I'm not able to walk a dog for the amount of time necessary for it's well being. This is the first time in my 63 years that I have not had at least one dog my life, and it is killing me.

I have always adopted another one immediately after one passes because they do SO help the grieving process. A new animal will never replace the one that was lost, because first of all, the one that has passed can never be replaced because each animal his it's own unique personality. And two, it is not fair to the next dog, to expect him/her to be like the one that passed.

Save a life... adopt,don't buy.

I am sworn to abide by rule #10. I have been there more than once, and it is some of the worst hurting that I have ever gone through, but I have always said that when the time comes to take that route with one of my fur babies, I will be there with them until the end. I owe them that much for all of the years of faithful companionship and love that the give to me.

Murdock.

Good, David. Me too, except for my Dobe Ty, who died on Christmas day, on my bed. I'd been up all night with him and new I what I was going to have to do the next day. I was emotionally exhausted, so I went and laid on the couch for 'a few minutes' which turned into hours. Whn I awoke, I went in to check on Ty and he was gone. I was devastated that I wasn't there for him when he passed. In fact, even though this was about 10 years ago, it still breaks my heart and makes me cry. And, I'm in the Library typing this.

Thank you everyone SO MUCH, for sharing pictures of your fur babies.
I even created a folder called 'Mater pets' so I can collect them and look at them when I need my pet fix until I can get another dog.

Thanks again!

Here's a pic of our beagle:

IMG_7118.jpg

We got him as a puppy in 2004. My wife swears that our house will never be without a beagle.

We got him as a puppy in 2004. My wife swears that our house will never be without a beagle.

Beagle! Yay!

Every time I see a beagle I get all excited. I am such a dork.

My husband was the one who wanted a beagle. His grandfather, whom he adored, had a beagle when hubby was little. So, I found a beagle rescue when we were about to buy our house in 2004 (we made sure to get one with a fully fenced yard so whatever pup we got wouldn't run off) and we eventually got Lucy. I had wanted something bigger and more exotic like a German Shepherd or a Siberian Husky. I was concerned those dogs may try to eat my psycho cat (whom I love despite his homicidal tendencies, he's chillin' as he ages, he's 8 now) so I figured I'd roll with hubby's choice.

After we had Lucy for about a year we got Langdon. They're little partners in crime now. Heh.

And I think I agree with your wife; we probably won't ever have a home without a beagle, either.

My beagle clock that hubby got me for Christmas:
1198878830.jpg

Langdon gnawing on a cow hoof in the yard:

Windows-1252BSU1HMDA1MjYuanBn.jpg

Langdon on MY recliner:
1196835560.jpg

Lucy is too cute in her crate:
1196040149.jpg

More. LOL. Sorry for the crappy cam phone pics. I need to use my digi cam more.

1196040151.jpg

We put up the gate at Halloween so the dogs wouldn't run out the front door when we contributed to the sugar collection efforts of the neighborhood children.

Langdon wasn't loving it.

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxODYuanBn.jpg

Lucy gnawing on something.
IMAGE_001-1.jpg

Our family has two Shih Tzus, Mopsy & Pistol & they are both so spoiled they stink!:p

On a sad note we did have three Shih Tzus but we lost one (Toby) last Christmas. We let all three of them out early one morning but only Mopsy & Pistol came back, a coyote got Toby, it was awful.:(

Have any of you dog lovers been watching "The Greatest American Dog"? I sure did hate to see Tillman, the Bulldog leave.

Excellent pics.
G-Thumbsup2b.gif
I always enjoy seeing other beagles.

Linc.jpg

Here's a picture of our beagle when he was a pup. Like you, my wife originally wanted a larger dog like a german shepard or a lab. Getting a beagle was my idea (I primarily had rabbit hunting in mind). But we both now agree that a beagle was the right decision. We'll undoubtedly get a second one within the next year or so.

BTW, we have lots of cottontails in the area where I live. For me there's nothing more fun than watching a beagle do what comes naturally to them, including hearing that baying.

beaglerun.gif

Our family has two Shih Tzus, Mopsy & Pistol & they are both so spoiled they stink!

On a sad note we did have three Shih Tzus but we lost one (Toby) last Christmas. We let all three of them out early one morning but only Mopsy & Pistol came back, a coyote got Toby, it was awful.

Have any of you dog lovers been watching "The Greatest American Dog"? I sure did hate to see Tillman, the Bulldog leave.

Sorry to hear about Toby, Teri. A friend of mine in California, had just adopted her third Jack Russell. The next day, a coyote got the new boy and she was devastated. She thought she was giving the dog a 2nd chance at life with a family that would love and take care of him. I doubt she will ever forgive herself. I've tried to console her.

On a brighter note, I couldn't wait for the Greatest American Dog series to start. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be what I expected and I kinda lost interest in it. I loved Pet Stars, which was a pet 'talent show'. and for some reason, that's what I was expecting. However, GAD seems to be a canine reality show, and I'm not so in to those... even if dogs are the participants! :D:p;)

I loved the YouTub videos of Tillman riding his skateboad, and was actually surprised to see him as one of the contestants on the new show. I could watch him skateboarding and pushing himself to get going, all day long. He's a cutie. Too bad he's off the show.

Our family has two Shih Tzus, Mopsy & Pistol & they are both so spoiled they stink!:p

On a sad note we did have three Shih Tzus but we lost one (Toby) last Christmas. We let all three of them out early one morning but only Mopsy & Pistol came back, a coyote got Toby, it was awful. :(

Sorry to hear about Toby. That's always tough. :(

My parents have had Shih Tzus for many years. And like your dogs, they too spoil them rotten. :D

OMG, Rich, what a cutie! We got both of our beagles as adults so we don't have any cute puppy pics. *jealous*

Lucy was 5ish when we got her so she's 9ish now. When we brought her home she had fleas, some infections, and was generally uncomfortable. We're her third family so she was also confused about where her other people were at first. She has an auto-immune disease that caused her little nose to scab over and then heal, then repeat, endlessly. The top of her nose used to be totally pink but slowly she has regained about half of the black pigment back. Now she's my little shadow. :D

We decided to get Langdon from a breeder locally because Seattle Beagle Rescue had mostly older dogs and I couldn't see doing that to ourselves or Lucy. He was 18 months, chewed on everything, but soooo cute. He was a champion as a puppy but he's 13 3/4 inches tall so there wasn't really a place for him in the competitive show ring or even in her breeding program. So now he runs my house. LOL.

Getting him was good for Lucy, though, and he's my husband's little shadow. So, everyone's happy. Heh. I am out of pics of the pups in my photobucket for now.

I really love dogs. I think we'll have to take the beagles to Marymoor next weekend.

Alrighty then..brings back some sad stuff..and good stuff as well..so I'll share.

This is my German Shepherd, Chief..who I had for 7 yrs..hip dysplasia was too far advanced..if you notice how he has his rear end tucked under. He never told me! Gave him sh!t for that..because ealier we could have helped..he never complained..wonderful dog..walk without a leash..but he would growl when he knew something wasn't right..God I miss him. Put him down and I held him..I always had a "youuuzzz suuuccchh a gooodddd dawwwggg"..and that's the last thing my friend heard:

chief3.jpg

And how I remember him:

ChiefHome.jpg

Then I got Jack from a shelter..was on the run for months..weighed 55 lbs when I got him..not now:

Jack1a.jpg

That's how he eats.

Another walk without a leash..and never have to worry cuz he listened

Jack1b.jpg

Fortunately..or otherwise I had to move and found an absolutely wonderful home for him..100 acres and a chic that has paths through the woods for Jack to lead..I was so lucky.

My Son & I are going to visit him this weekend.

Alrighty then..brings back some sad stuff..and good stuff as well..so I'll share.

This is my German Shepherd, Chief..who I had for 7 yrs..hip dysplasia was too far advanced..if you notice how he has his rear end tucked under. He never told me! Gave him sh!t for that..because ealier we could have helped..he never complained..wonderful dog..walk without a leash..but he would growl when he knew something wasn't right..God I miss him. Put him down and I held him..I always had a "youuuzzz suuuccchh a gooodddd dawwwggg"..and that's the last thing my friend heard:

chief3.jpg

And how I remember him:

ChiefHome.jpg

Then I got Jack from a shelter..was on the run for months..weighed 55 lbs when I got him..not now:

Jack1a.jpg

That's how he eats.

Another walk without a leash..and never have to worry cuz he listened

Jack1b.jpg

Fortunately..or otherwise I had to move and found an absolutely wonderful home for him..100 acres and a chic that has paths through the woods for Jack to lead..I was so lucky.

My Son & I are going to visit him this weekend.

How can you not love a pet thread!!! LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back