Dogs (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Remember that they can't do a lot of things for themselves and that they depend on you to make their life a quality life!

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could
hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask your
self if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow
old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never
say you can't bear to watch.

Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you
are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take
good care of them.

Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters

Awww.

Dogs are awesome!

Couldnt be w/o my 2 eventhough the younger one is a d!ck most of the time haha

Aww. This is great. I love my beagles. :D Langdon and Lucy (she's a rescue). We're going out of town for a few days this weekend so my mom is going to keep an eye on the puppies. Even though my best friend lives with us I trust my mom will take good care of them. Feed 'em, walk 'em. :) Heck, I don't even trust my in-law's with my dogs. Lucy got away from my father in law once when I left her with them for a couple hours. Beagles offleash = a big no-no!

My best friend said to me a couple weeks ago, 'You know, they don't understand a word you're saying.' I don't really care. I still talk to 'em like they're little kids just in case. Heh.

Windows-1252BSU1HMDA1NjguanBn.jpg

This is the longest period I have went in my life without having a dog and it is rough. I miss having a dog REAL BAD, but with my travel schedule, it would be impossible and probably cruel to try to have a pet. If I ever get a normal job again, my next dog is going to be a King Charles Spaniel or a 13" Beagle.

Funny story - and 100% true - my syster has an adorable Bichon Frise. These dogs are white balls of fur, softer than soft, they don't shed AT ALL. Literally a living stuffed animal. That dog is a chick MAGNET!! We took him to a hotel in downtown Denver a couple years ago while some big modeling competition was going on, because one girl who was competing was having her picture taken with him. We walked into the hotel lobby and were literally mobbed by all these women!! I've never seen so many hot women in one room - these were superstar hotties - and nearly every one of them wanted to pet him!!! I was in HEAVEN.

That's a great list Jackie. I try to do my best.

toby3small.jpg

That's Toby, the 80lb lapdog. We adopted him in Oct of 03. If we hadn't, he would have headed to the dog pound, and probably have been euthanized.

I'd never owned a dog before in my life. Didn't know what to expect. My sons, who were behind this, were worried I wouldn't agree. They brought him over to meet me. I took him for a walk. Took a half of a block. When I got back, I told them "Make certain the guy knows he ain't gettin' him back!!"

A good story. One time, after a lousy day at work, I came home in a pretty foul mood. Toby was there, waiting at the door for me, just like always. I muttered something or other and brushed by him. I had an attitude going and wasn't going to let some mutt ruin it. Toby was having none of it. As I sat on the couch he sat to one side of me on the floor, and looking at me out of the side of his eyes, slowly "schootched" over bit by bit. All of a sudden, I felt his head on my leg, and looked down at two of the biggest, saddest, wettest brown eyes you've ever seen. Now how the heck is one supposed to maintain a "tude" with a dog like that? After a nice walk with him, I felt much better.

David....they can sooooo tell that something's wrong and you're not right. They are so intuitive that it scares me sometimes! My Laila girl (65 lb lap dog) is always much more loving and 'nosey' when I'm bothered....she gives me that "I know, mommy and I'm sorry." look as she's slapping that paw on my thigh and nuzzling up to my cheek. They just want to make it all better and it amazes me!

We have a 7 month old Boxer named Peyton (are we football fans or what) that is the best dog! I was worried how Boxers are very energetic and love to jump, but he is actually the total opposite! He is so gentle with my kids and all of our neighbors in our cul-de-sac here know him as well. We never keep him on the leash when we are in the front yard because he listens so well and he makes his way over to say hello to our neighbors when they pull up from work! He is great on the leash when we go out walking in the evenings!
My only complaint is that he sleeps in our room and he snores louder than my wife!

I am sworn to abide by rule #10. I have been there more than once, and it is some of the worst hurting that I have ever gone through, but I have always said that when the time comes to take that route with one of my fur babies, I will be there with them until the end. I owe them that much for all of the years of faithful companionship and love that the give to me.

Murdock.

Thanks, Jackee...now that I'm sitting here brutzing..my dogs are looking at me wondering what the heck..??

Both of mine are adopted from the pound. Casey is about 11 and I can tell she is not as sharp as she once was, can't see as well but she is still the love of our lives, as is her new brother, Eddie.

Eddie
100_3306.jpg

What if he digs in the planters when you specifically told him not to then trys to blame it on the grandkids-or even worse-try to say he was pushed in? I promise, I'm not falling for that the fifth time. I'm much too smart for that.

P5040006.jpg

I promise, Cletus (named for his I.Q.) isn't actually that color.

IMG_0399.jpg

Don't ya love dirty dogs Doc?!
Actually, I hate dirty dogs. Cletus now lives inside about 90% of the time. He's matured quite a bit from his mudding days and the grandkids can play with and on him without incident. Besides, it's a little hotter than the surface of the sun during the summer here and I really believe Cletus could spontaneously combust if left out long enough. But, he thinks I'm the smartest man on the planet so, consequently he gets treated like a king. Please don't tell him the truth. It would crush us both.

DSCN9835.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Laila's inside most the time too....especially this time of year. Boxers can't handle heat and humidity much. It has to do with their being brachycephalic. Although, she's not as bad as most and is pretty tough. She stays out of trouble mostly now that she's 3. Now, when she was 1 or so that was another story. I love that dog so much....she's the daughter I never had.

Awww, too cute pictures of your pets!

I've been trying to get a new cat but none of the cats I've found at the shelters have said "Jenn, I'm your cat!"

My brother got me a cat once that he thought I'd love. Her name was Oreo, black on both ends but white in the middle, what more could an Oreo girl want?

It was a disaster! The cat hadn't been weened right so it sucked on everything, blankets, toys, your fingers, everything. Where as my other cats, Whiskers and Kissy you could walk by, scratch their ears and they'd be pleased, this one would try and bite your hand off. She wouldn't keep herself clean and wouldn't let you bathe her either (bit me good, wound up with cat scratch fever).

The right cat is out there for me. She's just got to be fixed, declawed, shorthaired and want me too. Is that too much to ask? :confused:

Hey Kelly, I'm not Doc... but Cletus is a Great Dane. A couple of my Aunts used to breed & show them. :)
OK, I see it....he just looked a little small.

Um, Doc...tell him size doesn't matter!

This is Laila with a friend of mine's 8 year old daughter...
PenwauJuly4th024.jpg

And this is what rednecks do at the lake for the 4th of July...
PenwauJuly4th014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Same size as a boxer? Cletus leaves boxer sized piles. I'm 6'4" and he can put his paws on my shoulders and rest his head on mine. He easily looks over our six foot wall to talk to the neighbor kids.
Notice the paw prints on the wall behind us? He was two at this point.

manandhisdogs.jpg

Now compare the size of the apple to his foot.
IMG_0728-1-1.jpg

Size of a boxer? Huh! My son's German Shepherds can walk under him without touching.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back