Diving championships started? (1 Viewer)

The Diving scenario coulda been alot worst on raceday. i believe after Q3, Todd would have lined up against teammate langdon and hight would've met up with J. Force

Then it spun into a perfect alignment for Hight to control his own destiny. Knock out JR in second round, win race, win championship..................;)

i wonder if ed krawieck was fine with it, .....

With the way the class is structured to their advantage, he'd better be fine with it. Second, you can bet you a$$ if the shoe was on the other foot, they would've done the same thing.

Bottom line, you couldn't ask for a better finish. Final round, at the final race of the rear, for all the marbles, identical reaction times and a great race to settle it.

Sean D

So would you rather see an entertaining dive ala Angie, or have her say her bike was broken and couldn't make first round? That's a very real alternative to diving. Now if John Force had lined up against Robert and done a 1/2- 3/4 track burnout and smoked the tires at the hit would anyone be complaining?

So would you rather see an entertaining dive ala Angie, or have her say her bike was broken and couldn't make first round? That's a very real alternative to diving. Now if John Force had lined up against Robert and done a 1/2- 3/4 track burnout and smoked the tires at the hit would anyone be complaining?
All of the John Force haters would.:)

IIRC Force did it twice to get Hight into the countdown...................................

What I do not understand is how can a "winner/champion" feel good knowing their team mate took a dive so they could win.
I could never say I won and feel good knowing that.
I have one win in S/C, forget the class I was put in for my combo, only car in class, trophy is meaningless. Yes I have one but I did not "win" it.

Unfortunately, Ken, it's all about the money, and not necessarily money to get rich, but rather money to just survive.

This sport has evolved to a point where it takes RIDICULOUS amounts of money to campaign a professional level car. Ridiculous is a relative term, because I realize it costs much more to compete in other series of motorsports. But when you compare how much it costs to field one of these cars in relation to what the marketing partners can justify spending given the amount of exposure they get, again, it's ridiculous. Thus, it makes getting that money that much harder to get, which is what we've been seeing for quite some time.

When you consider all of that, diving, in certain instances, must be done from a business standpoint. It's not near as much about the pride of winning as it is about survival.

Sean D

In the case of Matt and Angie, assuming they did what had to be done, it really couldn't have been scripted better. Her burnout was awesome, then when Eddie wins his semi and was so pumped, coming around the turnoff and telling Matt he was coming for him. That was not manufactured drama, it was real, and it was a helluva final, right down to the identical RTs!

IIRC Force did it twice to get Hight into the countdown...................................

What I do not understand is how can a "winner/champion" feel good knowing their team mate took a dive so they could win.
I could never say I won and feel good knowing that.
I have one win in S/C, forget the class I was put in for my combo, only car in class, trophy is meaningless. Yes I have one but I did not "win" it.
If you were the only car in the class then you basically got a participation trophy and that is apples and oranges from winning a year long championship with other extremely tough cars to beat. I don't like seeing diving either but I understand why it happens from time to time.

Last edited:
When you consider all of that, diving, in certain instances, must be done from a business standpoint. It's not near as much about the pride of winning as it is about survival.
Sean D
When they make a decision where I work that some might consider borderline unethical, they call it a "business decision"...
Matt and Angie make a living at their business...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back