Diamond class action suit (2 Viewers)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
From an old friend

This came from a friend of mine that has a jewelry store. Marilyn

If you or anyone you know has purchased any diamond jewelry between January 1994 and March 2006, go to www.diamondsclassaction.com and file a claim, apparently we've been overcharged. If you do not have a receipt, an appraisal is sufficient. Many people do not know about this & I believe the deadline to file is May 2008, so please pass it on. Lu

From an old friend

This came from a friend of mine that has a jewelry store. Marilyn

If you or anyone you know has purchased any diamond jewelry between January 1994 and March 2006, go to www.diamondsclassaction.com and file a claim, apparently we've been overcharged. If you do not have a receipt, an appraisal is sufficient. Many people do not know about this & I believe the deadline to file is May 2008, so please pass it on. Lu

My wife, mother in law, and other family members have already done this. While its about price fixing and controlling the market some its also about them selling diamonds to everyone that they bought from the black market.

What am I missing?
Who is paying the money for this? DeBeers?

I'll have to pass this on to my brothers. They both bought their wives new wedding bands in 2005.

I'll have to get a cut of it if they get anything back!

Ha!

Diamonds are the single greatest scam perpetrated on consumers in history.
I have been trying to convince my wife of that for over thirty years. She still ain't buying it.
She has registered by the way:D
I swear for the hardware she is sporting on a couple of her fingers I could build a new race car, easily!!:D

and really what for? I would much rather have a set of shiny new aluminum rods than diamonds. :confused: :p

My boyfriend's sister works for a jewelry store. He used to get me earings and bracelets all the time but I rarely wear them.

Okay, I'm confused again...

you buy a pretty rock set in a hunk of metal, it's worth what you are willing to pay for it...

DeBeers mines the pretty rocks, and are not an American Company... I also noted that DeBeers settled without being found guilty of anything... 300 mil. basically, as a PR move... bottom line, that rock is worth what the guys digging it out of the ground say it is, or what someone is willing to pay for it...

I just find it hard to believe that a US court even heard a suit about the 'price fixing' for artwork.

personally, I don't think any of Kat's pretty rocks are worth what we paid for them... but they make her happy, therefore they are worth whatever I paid for them...

oh, yeah, I can't tell the difference between a diamond and a good CZ... they're all just rocks to me.

d'kid

Re: Diamond class action suit it does not matter where there main HQ are.

DeBeers mines the pretty rocks, and are not an American Company...

I think what matters in this case is that DeBeers has a presence in the US. They have what appears to be their own stores in 5 locations. It would be one thing if they did all their business out of the US, but because they do business in the US it does not matter where their main HQ is.

bottom line is they mine the rock, so it's up to them to say what they are going to sell the rock for...

but then, they could have paid the fine, removed themselves from the US, then stopped selling the pretty rock to any US concern. which means, more middle men in the food chain and the price of the pretty rock would shoot through the roof in the US.

and don't think the cost of this settlement isn't going to effect the future price of the pretty rock.

d'kid

Here I go... I may not be a normal female in my thoughts on this... but for me, diamonds aren't that interesting unless they have some color to them... They are great for adding a little sparkle, but I would rather have colored stones any day. For me, it was much more fun coming up with garnets while I was panning for gold than shopping for the finished stuff.

GP,
you know, you're sounding more like Kat every day... but she tends to like pretty blue rocks.

never have understood the whole diamond thing... I mean, they're JUST rocks.

d'kid

personally...
prefer silver or white gold...

and yeah, got a blue stone and silver in my left ear... and have for 35 years...

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back