Denver TV Coverage (1 Viewer)

Seeing that I catch the races all now on ESPN3, I don't see the Deuces broadcast format, other than the occasional pre-taping that they do. But I will assume that after the semis of the pros, they would be doing some recap work as well as some in the pits stories (seems that's what they were doing during the rain). All in all, I am pretty sure it wasn't an hour of unwatchable dead air between rounds. What hour of nothing do you speak of, PJ?

They did do pit interviews, but there is only so much of that, especially since nobody says anything different. I'm sure they did other things but I gave up and fast forwarded it.

??? All sports are that way, there's items that can happen that cause the show to run long.

Very true. Take the latest Indy Car Toronto rain-out. Double race (one Saturday, one Sunday) and Saturday's broadcast was almost 3 hours of nothing, but rain-delay fill-in. I am okay with it. I'm a long time race fan, as most here are, if you're not actually racing. We're used to nature happening, life happening. I think the only folks that turn the channel saying "oh how boring, I'm out of here" are the people that would have left the track for the same reason, and I'll challenge, weren't really there for the racing, but the spectacle instead. Some folks just like gatherings. These same people go to the rodeo even when they don't follow the rodeo circuit. They attend whatever is in town that weekend. No biggy. I've said it before. The live action I can take it or leave it. Either/or. I'm there for the racing. Honestly, the ONLY downside to a delayed recording, is accidentally seeing the results before you've watched it. It loses nothing being broadcast long after the event has shut the lights out.

Funniest thing I heard all weekend?
"The pace car just went a lap down." -Townsend Bell during Saturday's Indy Car race. It was raining, and the pace car lost control and slid into a run-off area as the field continued past.

I liked the Denver coverage, though I wish they would tone their enthusiasm for the Jet Cars down a bit. When we're talking about new viewers and fans, it's easy for them to misconstrue that they are considered the ultimate drag racing vehicle, when they're simple show cars. I've always thought they should spend their jet car money on getting a few fuel altereds to run instead. But that's me. I was never one to enjoy wheelstanders or jets. Enjoy them all you want, it's just not for me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back