David Poole Passes (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Probably one of the best un-biased reprters ever for all of motorsports....

real shame...

Billy

Poole and Bagley have been part of my hour-long morning commute to work for the past few years. He will be sorely missed.

David Poole is THE reason I still read the Charlotte Observer each day. I grew up with he and his predecessor Tom Higgins each morning from elementary school to current. He was opinionated. He had many opinions I didn't agree with. Yet I respected his opinion. He was well informed and always brought something to the table. When the NHRA announced a Charlotte date DP did a great job covering the events and putting articles about various drivers in the sports page. If Doug Herbert (just up the road in Cherryville/Lincolnton) walked out his door David would let you know about it. Over the past 5 or so years he did another great job promoting the IHRA events at the ROCK.

I'll miss David Poole each morning when I read the Charlotte Observer.

Poole and Bagley have been part of my hour-long morning commute to work for the past few years. He will be sorely missed.

So true Alan! I read about this while I was sitting in the lovely Toledo airport tonight and on my ride home from O'Hare Bagley was on the air in tears sharing his feelings about how good of a guy David was. I loved the no BS view David gave on Nascar and he was a great supporter of the NHRA to boot. Here's a link to an article Scoop did today on David. RIP David, you will be missed!

Geiger Counter

Sad news. David was a guy that ALWAYS gave this sport its rightful respect.

I will miss listening to him everyday, and miss reading him columns and his blog.

Godspeed, David.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back