Dave Rieff Named To Anchor Role For ESPN's NHRA Coverage (1 Viewer)

Great choice!
I'm gonna do a shot every time Gary Gerold calls him "Reefer". I'll be sh*tfaced by the 2nd round!

Great news for sure, Dave Rieff has become synonymous with NHRA Drag Racing. Also, great to hear they will try a new format, and also great to hear that Gary, John and Jamie Howe will round out the coverage.

That schedule is all over the map though....... What happened to our time slot??? :(

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of talking quite a bit with the "Rieffer" at the US Nationals this past year prior to him and Dunn doing a "rain out" show for ESPN. All i can say is that he is the nicest guy to talk to and very much deserving of this new role!! This is a guy that absolutely loves drag racing!!

Congrats Dave. I am so happy Marty wasn't pulled back. (sorry Marty lovers)

I am too lazy and unmotivated to re-read the press-release, so if they mentioned it, sorry (again), but who will cover the Lucas Oil series with Dave? Covering both programs might mean good money, but man, what a brain-drain that must be.

Unanimous support for something ESPN did? Wait. Am I on the right message board? :p

Oh, hell, who am I fooling? I'm pleased, too.

Good call on bringing someone up to the booth that has spent the last 15+ years working in the trenches (pit reporting). Dave knows the sport and can talk on camera...protégé of Steve Evans.

maybe we can get a schedule now,lol. Not like it will be on time anyway.
That's hilarious! I don't know how many times I've DVR'd (even adding an extra hour!) the drags only to get home and find womens college basketball, with what appears to be 14 people in the stands taped instead. Then, because it runs so long, I get to watch everything but the friggin' final round of the drags I've been dying to watch! I won't even talk about almost every single qualifying show being run over by some obscure, third world soccer match! How hard is it to schedule shows on TV? How about packaging the stick and ball stuff for TV like we do for racing? OK, I'm calm now, rant over...

That's hilarious! I don't know how many times I've DVR'd (even adding an extra hour!) the drags only to get home and find womens college basketball, with what appears to be 14 people in the stands taped instead.

The sad part is that college basketball game probably got more ratings than the NHRA event. :(

If we had a schedule similar to NASCAR TV coverage, the ratings would be a lot better : for example, 2:00 AM NHRA qualifying shows vs boring NASCAR practices during the day.....

I want to start a boycott of the Little League World Series, which always interrupts our NHRA coverage. I wonder how the beer companies and automotive supply manufacturers feel about their advertising being interrupted by such sh....stuff ?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back