Daniel Wilkerson makes a hard impact with wall (1 Viewer)

glad he's okay.....scary deal for sure

thank you eric, thank you scott

I just saw the video on you tube , At first I thought "Oh yeah got out of hand and smacked front first into the wall of the other lane" you know not thinking something had mechanically gone wrong . Then I saw the wheels carry on down track . Man that amased me wasnt expecting that .

saw it online. as the car sweeps across the track it don't even look like there's a hub on the end of the live axle. Cant tell for sure though.

Not sure about this, but is there any correlation between Tasca's wheel failure at Charlotte and Daniel's crash today? Both problems started on the right rear. Glad Wilkerson is alright, that was nasty looking.

I read on ITA (not sure how accurate), that all wheel studs are MIA.

How odd to break BOTH sides at once? Sure sounds like someone didn't torque them, or the wrench is bad. I'm not accusing ANYONE, but to break both sides?

It may very well have done just that.
Impact sheared the others,still a problem

I was listening to it live and that was scary enough, but when I saw how close he came to Ron on the broadcast.....WOW! Ron's interview said he had to pedal it a bit and if it hadn't hooked back up he would have t-boned him.

All in all both drivers are safe! That could have been real bad!

......All in all both drivers are safe! That could have been real bad!

this thread is maybe not the place to say this and others have previously
not received this idea well, but kelly you are rite; this was extremely
close to being a two car accident.....aka force/bernstein......allen/koretsky

a middle wall between the lanes not only greatly diminishes the chance
for one car to collect the other, but also decreases the angle of impact
as car is turning across lanes (i.e. daniel's crash)

I was listening to it live and that was scary enough, but when I saw how close he came to Ron on the broadcast.....WOW! Ron's interview said he had to pedal it a bit and if it hadn't hooked back up he would have t-boned him.

All in all both drivers are safe! That could have been real bad!

Here's another Daniel from the 2008 Final's that we were glad his competition didn't have to pedal it:

YouTube - Steve Harker VS. Daniel Oliver Real close Pomona 2008

a middle wall between the lanes not only greatly diminishes the chance for one car to collect the other, but also decreases the angle of impact as car is turning across lanes (i.e. daniel's crash)

it also increases the number of cars that are going to hit the wall

this thread is maybe not the place to say this and others have previously
not received this idea well, but kelly you are rite; this was extremely
close to being a two car accident.....aka force/bernstein......allen/koretsky

a middle wall between the lanes not only greatly diminishes the chance
for one car to collect the other, but also decreases the angle of impact
as car is turning across lanes (i.e. daniel's crash)

? Are you nuts?

Do you even race? A wall in the middle will cause so much damage to slightly out of control cars that it would financially affect virtually all the teams.

There is a reason that there is not a wall between the lanes for this very reason.

? Are you nuts?

Do you even race? A wall in the middle will cause so much damage to slightly out of control cars that it would financially affect virtually all the teams.

There is a reason that there is not a wall between the lanes for this very reason.

Let's take it one step further...

They could dig a slot in the middle of each lane, make it manditory that all race cars have a device that sticks down under the frame that slides into the slot in the track, remove the drivers from the cars, put them in the tower, give them a pistol grip controller and a large reclining chair to sit in and then race.

puke.gif

They could dig a slot in the middle of each lane, make it manditory that all race cars have a device that sticks down under the frame that slides into the slot in the track, remove the drivers from the cars, put them in the tower, give them a pistol grip controller and a large reclining chair to sit in and then race.

puke.gif

Don't give them any ideas, RG....

...especially the large reclining chair one...:D

puke.gif

Sush, at The County, in Papa Joe's Corvair, Sush in the 'new' Camaro at OMS, think it took Sush awhile to realize he wasn't driving a Fiat AA/FA :D;)

? Are you nuts?

no don i do not race.
my thoughts may be wrong, but no need to paint me
as stupid or 'nuts' as you have suggested.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back