Any news on Steve Engel? (3 Viewers)

Steve Engle had surgery on Saturday night on the front "C" of his neck, they operated on the back side Sunday morning. According to Steve's wife Tonya the doctors at this time will NOT give a prognosis at this time if Steve is paralyzed or not. Nothing will be confirmed until all the surgeries are completed. Steve is facing more surgeries. The swelling needs to go down. If I find out any more information I will pass it on.

Kevin Bennett (for Bennett Racing)
scsp390
Wilmington, OH

Steve Engle had surgery on Saturday night on the front "C" of his neck, they operated on the back side Sunday morning. According to Steve's wife Tonya the doctors at this time will NOT give a prognosis at this time if Steve is paralyzed or not. Nothing will be confirmed until all the surgeries are completed. Steve is facing more surgeries. The swelling needs to go down. If I find out any more information I will pass it on.

Kevin Bennett (for Bennett Racing)
scsp390
Wilmington, OH

Thank you for the update! We'll all keep praying for Steve and his family and for miraculously good results after the surgeries are done and the swelling goes down. And for Steve and his family to be comforted and strengthened during the scary process before they have answers.

Ok so here is the update that i have for everyone!! Its 2 different deals i am gonna post but both say pretty much the same thing!!!!

(Chaplain John Bauer) I visited Steve Engle and his wife Tonya and
have the following update: Steve now has pneumonia which will delay
his next surgery. He is able to shrug his shoulders but beyond that,
the extent of his injuries and recovery are not totally known. Tonya
seems to be holding up very well but obviously needs our continued
prayer. As she provides additional information I will keep everyone
posted.

Please pray for Pro-Mod driver, Steve Engel. He hit the wall real hard Saturday night qualifying at the NHRA Indy U. S. Nationals. Vertebre C-2 through C-7 in his neck are fractured and he has no feeling from his chest down. He's in a lot of pain in his neck. The spinal cord was not severed, but twisted. They operated Sunday afternoon, with more surgeries to come. Contrary to previous reports, he cannot move his fingertips, but he can slightly shrug his shoulders. Steve now has double pneumonia and can't have more needed surgeries until that heals

My prayers and thoughts go out to Steve and his family.

Thanks for the update.

Oh this is just terrible. When I first heard about this it kinda sounded like everything would be OK. Now it's just getting worse. Why do things like this have to happen? I'll be praying for him.

Dave

My thoughts and prayers are with Steve and his family. I heard it was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad.

This is very sad to hear...my thoughts and prayers go out to Steve and his family.

Ok so here is the update that i have for everyone!! Its 2 different deals i am gonna post but both say pretty much the same thing!!!!

(Chaplain John Bauer) I visited Steve Engle and his wife Tonya and
have the following update: Steve now has pneumonia which will delay
his next surgery. He is able to shrug his shoulders but beyond that,
the extent of his injuries and recovery are not totally known. Tonya
seems to be holding up very well but obviously needs our continued
prayer. As she provides additional information I will keep everyone
posted.

Please pray for Pro-Mod driver, Steve Engel. He hit the wall real hard Saturday night qualifying at the NHRA Indy U. S. Nationals. Vertebre C-2 through C-7 in his neck are fractured and he has no feeling from his chest down. He's in a lot of pain in his neck. The spinal cord was not severed, but twisted. They operated Sunday afternoon, with more surgeries to come. Contrary to previous reports, he cannot move his fingertips, but he can slightly shrug his shoulders. Steve now has double pneumonia and can't have more needed surgeries until that heals

Thank you for the update, even though it is sad and scary. Tonya and Steve and their families will continue to be in our prayers.

I read on another gossip site that he passed away? Anybody confirm this as true or rumor? I hope he hasn't. That is too sad if so.

And if he has, how come it's not all over the pages of NHRA and on ESPN like it would be if he was a funny car driver.

Mike, we've heard the same rumors but until we see an official statement from the family or the race series, we're remaining quiet on the situation.

Yes Mike, according to all the Door slammer sites Steve lost his fight and Passed away! Such a tragic loss! Godspeed my friend!:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back