Daniel Wilkerson makes a hard impact with wall (3 Viewers)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Sounds like it spun the tires at mid track and crossed the center line and impacted the wall in the opposite lane. He is out of the car and talking to safety safari.

Re: Daniel Wilkerson just crashed

CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THIS TO DANIEL TAGGED THE WALL????????

PLEASE!!!!!

Nancy

Glad he is fine :)

Sounds pretty nasty. Head on into the wall, and launched the body.

Paul, are you at the track or just listening to the audiocast? Hope the car was not real damaged. Will await further updates or see it on TV tonight.

PLEASE!!!!!

Nancy

Mods, I agree with Nancy. My first reaction to a post like that is that it could be really bad. After the last couple of crashes in Funny Car, I almost automatically think the worst. Change the thread to "tagged the wall".

PLEASE!!!!!

Nancy

nancy, why??? , . according to brad littlefield (who is at the track) it is more than a tag!

brads quote!
Daniel Wilkerson crashed first round. It looked like the tires came off completely and sent him into the wall in the other lane nearly head-on. Ron Capps was out of the way by then. He got out under his own power and appears to be okay

Re: Daniel Wilkerson tagged the wall...

They just talked to Daniel in the tower. I am so glad he is ok. I don't think it was a "he tagged the wall moment" though. It sounded pretty bad. Also, after his interview, I really want to see the video becasue he said some things that makes me wonder what happened leading up to it. He mentioned not having any back tires before and after it hit the wall. Don't want to speculate.

Daniel was just on the audiocast he said he is ok, but dads wallet isn't. I missed the incident itself, but he said he tried to stop but didnt have any rear tires??? Did they blow or just left the car when he hit the wall??

nancy, why??? , . according to brad littlefield (who is at the track) it is more than a tag!

The way Bob Frey described it (head-on into the wall), is why I originally labeled it crashed vs. tagged.

The way Bob Frey described it (head-on into the wall), is why I originally labeled it crashed vs. tagged.

i agree with your original one paul. why does nancy have the right to jump up and tell someone to change it to fit what she wants!

Because Bruce, people who genuinely care about a driver have horrible thoughts that stem to mind first when seeing a post that states that they crashed.

Now had it said: Daniel Crashed and is OKAY, then okay, but for the effect of what it said, there has been too many accidents lately for people to fear the worse before they read. The Wilkerson's are VERY Good friends of ours, and I'm sure they will appreciate when their friends and family read posts like this, that it states it in a more GENTLE WAY THan in a possible SHOCK Manner.

Sorry if that offends you or not what you think it should be.

Thank you to the person who changed the name of the thread and most importantly, I'm so glad that my friend is out and about, walking and talking.

btw: the new heading is still better than the first one............

Last edited:
As Reinhart just said, if a racer's first comment is "look at my race car!" then you know he's OK. :)

Glad to hear he's doing OK. Sorry about that checkbook Wilk...

nancy, the post said "crashed" so people like myself look at it to find out if he is ok, then read what happen.

People like myself take a wait and see what happened approach and not read into the headline. I see no problem with the original. Happy to hear Dan is OK.

People like myself take a wait and see what happened approach and not read into the headline. I see no problem with the original. Happy to hear Dan is OK.

I didn't either. It also seems too much like censorship than what should be put on a forum such as this but whatever. Paul's been posting here a while and I'm sure he's more than capable of deciding his own thread titles.

Here's the pc version for all you pc lovers out there:

Daniel Wilkerson "kissed" the guard rail today at Memphis. After getting out of his "wounded" funny car, he expressed feelings that hopefully their "relationship" wont work out and he is done with her. He is ok though. Upon hearing this, the guardrail replied with "Oh well, I still have a couple of those crazy pro stock drivers left."

hope this isn't similar to tasca's bead lock/rim from a few weeks ago.
very glad to hear daniel was not seriously hurt.
also very glad to hear capps was not hit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back