Dallas roll-call! (1 Viewer)

I don't yet have tickets.. should I pre purchase them or buy at the gate?

You might try calling the Motorplex to see if they have some good seats that were never renewed. However, they may have sent the good ones to the ticket brokers and those guys jack up the prices. I always see people buying tickets each race day. I bet you can go there early Thursday and buy what you want for the rest of the weekend.

Paul, at most tracks buying at the gate is more expensive than buying in advance. Not sure about Dallas though, Westside stands is the way to go. Pitside baby!:D

For the first time in years I am not sitting on the pitside on Sunday, we bought a total of 7 tickets so we were digging up change in the couch just to afford those. Friday & Sat im on the pitside though.

We will be racing for the first time at Ennis. Look for the Crazy Horse Alcohol Funny Car. Stop and say Hi!

Well I will see yall Sat and Sun!!! It will be me, my dad, and my 2 brothers. Anybody know of a hotel that has an opening? We were going to stay in the motor home but its having some work done in time for the Nascar race so we need a room. I am going to call today and see what I can find but if anybody knows somewhere, let me know. THanks.

Justin

Not sure if they still have rooms, but I've always stayed at the Motel6 in Duncanville. It's about 35 mi. from the track, but they only charged $35-40 per.

Man that's one race I wish I was going to. I lived in Arlington for 11 years. Went to all the Chief Nationals there through the 1990's. Great memories there! Scotty Kalitta, Tim Ferrell & the Oberhofer brothers running Connie's Dragster and Scott's funny car without Connie there (Scott qualified both cars!). Also Eddie Hill, Ormsby's primered car breaking it's own record on each pass, Jim White, Ace McCullough running 5.13, the famous Foce-Pedregon peddlefest, Richard Hartman crash & burn, Blaine Johnson in TAD, The Grim Reeper TAD/TAFC, Micheal Brotherton, Flash Gordon, Foxworth, Brent & Vicky Fanning.... the Reher-Morrison pit partys....... fun fun fun.

Justin, when I got my reservations 2 months ago all the surrounding cities were booked. We got a room in Corsicana. Mesquite had openings, but that's one heck of a drive!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have called around. Nothing. Thankfully I have alot of sportsman racer friends, so its look like I will be spending the night in a race car!!!!!

Justin, we had a room reserved in Mesquite at the Courtyard, but like Kelly said, it`s a pretty good drive to the Motorplex. Luckily for us, there was still availability at the new Hampton Inn in Waxahachie (10 minutes to track), so we booked there a couple months ago. Pretty sure they`re all booked by now, but you might give them a try.

So, any plans on a MATER MEETING????

You might try calling the Motorplex to see if they have some good seats that were never renewed. However, they may have sent the good ones to the ticket brokers and those guys jack up the prices. I always see people buying tickets each race day. I bet you can go there early Thursday and buy what you want for the rest of the weekend.
If you haven't bought tickets yet, stop by an O'Reilly's Auto parts, they have discount coupons, $8 off each day....................I usually buy them at the gate on Friday for all 3 days, then you don't have to wait in line on Sat/Sun when the crowds come.
...................Blaine Johnson in TAD, The Grim Reeper TAD/TAFC, Micheal Brotherton....... fun fun fun.
Cool. I used to crew on Larry Reep's Grim Reeper funny cars!

Last edited:
I was supposed to go to Ennis. Have the plane tickets, had a motel room, had tickets to the race, but sometimes plans just change mid season...:rolleyes:

Unfortunately it looks I like I will be missing this one for the first time in 6 years or so. Things are positively nutty as a fruitcake at work plus my brother's coming up for the OU game on Saturday. I'm still hoping to make Vegas or Pomona.

Unfortunately it looks I like I will be missing this one for the first time in 6 years or so. Things are positively nutty as a fruitcake at work plus my brother's coming up for the OU game on Saturday. I'm still hoping to make Vegas or Pomona.

Wow Tom, sorry we won't get a chnace to hook up. Hopefully you can swing Vegas, I'm sure the OU Faithful are Hoppin mad over those Bad calls in Oregon!:confused:

I wish this weather would hold........low 80's and low humidity. It's beautiful in our fine state today! It doesn't look like it will stay that way though. :rolleyes:

I wish this weather would hold........low 80's and low humidity. It's beautiful in our fine state today! It doesn't look like it will stay that way though. :rolleyes:
Why are you starting up s*** about the weather? Looks pretty good to me, at least according to accuweather and God forbid, weather.com.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back