Crazy Aussies (1 Viewer)

and it has a passenger seat!!!!

It is doing a 'cruise' down the main street of a country town this weekend. The owner is Darren diFilippo who is a former Australian TF champ and currently owns a couple of nitro cars and a shed full of jet powered drag cars and is building a 3 engine jet truck

Damn it... I'm over here for a few more days. I d love to see that in real life! What town, Darren?

I'd run it just like that. ;)

No front clip.. Who needs it

No doors.. When he sees Elvis he can bail out easier.

No wing/spoiler.. Sweet

No Wheelie Bar.. Even better.

didn't super chevy shows used to run a class similar to this? w/low % nitro?
the big show FC should be a hybrid of what it is and pro mod.
i mean you take one look at the car in this pic with NO front end and immediately say 'mustang'.
i don't think the fans are thinking a brand as today's FC's burnout and rollout to the 200' mark:eek:

I can't imagine anyone actually trying to make a pass with that car. It'll never hook up...and whoever winds up driving it better hope it never does.

Should be a lot of fun at car shows, especially the ones indoors (can you imagine the noise inside a building?) - and an occasional exhibition burnout on Main Street. Other than that, just a toy. What the hell is the deal with the two necker knobs, anyway?

Gold Coast for a day, then in Sydney for the weekend... Perth next week. I was hoping to catch some drags over here before I went home- anywhere happening on Sunday?

Gold Coast for a day, then in Sydney for the weekend... Perth next week. I was hoping to catch some drags over here before I went home- anywhere happening on Sunday?

Sydney this weekend have the outlaw funny car deal on with Capps driving LA Hooker. 15 nostalgia funny cars and pro street cars with some real fast doored cars. It is on Saturday but would be well worth going. It will be huge

I'll see if I can sneak out there- we're playing the Enmore on Saturday, but I may be able to sneak out for a long lunch. Thanks for the heads-up

there is also a couple of funny cars and jets running at Perth on the 29th. i love Perth both the city and the drag strip. They also have street meets on a wednesday night. get out for a look if you can. Maybe hook up with Mike v while you are in Perth

Springtime in Oz.. You guys definitely get your hot rodding on! Melbourne was teaming with great old muscle cars- I'm having a blast here

Last edited:
Make sure you spend a day in Fremantle when you are in Perth. Fremantle prison tour is a must as is either going to the cemetery and visiting Bon Scotts grave or do the Bon Scott tram tour where you get to see a few of the places where he grew up. Also while in Fremantle go to little creatures brewery and taste some of their beers and have a feed. There is also the maritime museum where you can see Australia 2 (the boat we beat you guys with to win the America Cup) among other things.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back