Crazy Accident (1 Viewer)

I have this video somewhere. Lot of interesting footage in it. From the Jackson Bros. They have a lot of really great videos. Most of mine are VHS tape, but you can get all of it on DVD.

####################dumbass.PNG

No shoulder harness.

Wow. Wadded up a nice looking ‘55 in the first vid. Looked totaled, but you never know. They can rebuild just about anything these days with replacement sheet metal.

On the Renfrow vid, I’ve read that that was the last event held at Fremont Raceway. Supposedly, things were pretty crazy. Also, supposedly, the seat and safety equipment installation methods were “less than stellar” and that he’s lucky to have survived that.

Wow. Wadded up a nice looking ‘55 in the first vid. Looked totaled, but you never know. They can rebuild just about anything these days with replacement sheet metal.

On the Renfrow vid, I’ve read that that was the last event held at Fremont Raceway. Supposedly, things were pretty crazy. Also, supposedly, the seat and safety equipment installation methods were “less than stellar” and that he’s lucky to have survived that.

I'd like to see how they did (or didn't) bolt things down. The old saying "a $10 helmet for a $10 head" comes to mind.

It was interesting to see parts 1 & 2 of the crash. I think it just wasn't his "time to go". To get tossed out of a car like that and survive with minor injuries..... That was a major withdrawal from the luck bank.

Thank God for chassis certification and tech inspectors at track. Most of all glad he survived.

That was at Baylands Raceway Park. (It will always be Fremont Drag Strip to me) I raced there in the very early days, took a few years off running my business and raced there a lot toward the end including the last drag race. Tech did get a little lax there toward the end, to put it mildly. but most cars were safe. That '55 in the crash was obviously a pile of crap but the driver
didn't have a clue on keeping it straight and knowing when to lift. It was a miracle he didn't get hurt!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back