Alexis DeJoria's Freak accident? (1 Viewer)

That was a nice paint job on her car. Hopefully they get the body in time for Vegas.

Didn't something like this happen at a Nat. event about 10 years ago? (Not the Eddie Hill one that injured Ercie and Fuzzy..).. Something about chutes that blossomed again and caught a worker?

Didn't something like this happen at a Nat. event about 10 years ago? (Not the Eddie Hill one that injured Ercie and Fuzzy..).. Something about chutes that blossomed again and caught a worker?

I remember a race where Gordon Mineo's car re-ignited as he was turning the corner of the shutdown. He plowed into Eddie Hills van, Not sure if anyone was hurt though.

Anybody seen picture of the car post "freak accident?" I'm curious how much work they have to do. That was a sweet paint scheme.

Lefty was grabbed and went for a ride last year or the year before... 10 years ago?? Brain Fart!! Can't remember what was for breakfast...:rolleyes:

Anyone want to guess what a Paint job on that thing would co$t???

Joe - the Patron FC is wrapped, not painted. Got a close look at the time trials - good art, but poorly applied. Oakley FC is one of the few that is actually painted. Reportedly $20K for the "Puzzle" concept.
Our business neighbor had eight vehicles in the shop today for wraps. Their starting price for design and wrap is $6500. If you want one way film over all the windows, you can get to $10,000 very quickly.
A wrap for a race car body is pretty simple (no doors, windows, grilles or lights). After you have paid for design, a new set of film could be as little as $3K. The latest 3M product is very easy to apply, crew members with some experience could easily do this in the shop or at the track. And . . . as Erin's Grandfather used to say, "From a galloping horse, no one will ever notice!"

Joe - the Patron FC is wrapped, not painted. Got a close look at the time trials - good art, but poorly applied. Oakley FC is one of the few that is actually painted. Reportedly $20K for the "Puzzle" concept.
Our business neighbor had eight vehicles in the shop today for wraps. Their starting price for design and wrap is $6500. If you want one way film over all the windows, you can get to $10,000 very quickly.
A wrap for a race car body is pretty simple (no doors, windows, grilles or lights). After you have paid for design, a new set of film could be as little as $3K. The latest 3M product is very easy to apply, crew members with some experience could easily do this in the shop or at the track. And . . . as Erin's Grandfather used to say, "From a galloping horse, no one will ever notice!"

Jim I knew that was a wrap, I was just joking about how expensive that would cost as Paint. My guess about $15,000!:eek:

The body did not look that bad, you could only see damage on the back where the attachment points were ripped off the fiberglass. The thing that was so bad was the under frame of the body was bent to hell, and the whole frame had shifted and would not sit on the chasis right. This was a really horrible way to end her weekend.

Very few of the TAFC teams have spare bodies - their budgets are a lot smaller than the fuel cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back