Connolly running lucas colors (1 Viewer)

signs (pun intended) of things to come - happening in nascar too.
combination of sponsors for one car.....to get that one car/driver thru
entire season with adequate funding.
amazing the support the Lucas' put into drag racing; not to mention
motorsports in general........and title rites to one great looking stadium.

Rumor has had it for a while that the Charter deal wasn't that strong.So I guess that rumor was true. The outlook for a lot of sponsorships probably are in the same boat. The economy is having a huge effect on motorsports in general. The media reported that the crowd was down 50K @ the Talladega race on Sunday. I think some of that may have been caused by the gas shortage in the I-20 corridor coming from Atlanta. On a bright note,gas dropped .30 a gallon in some areas of Alabama overnight.

This leads to a question. What is the sponsor''s responsibility for marketing their product and driver.

Charter is a great example. Great car, great driver, fantastic results, but absolutely no marketing. Check out their website, no mention of their sponsorship or Dave Connolly. If you can find the Racing page on their website you will find no mention of the NHRA. NASCAR, Trucks, IRL but no NHRA. No print, TV or other media that I'm aware of either.

They've had a big push locally about calling the president to tell them what you think about their service. I emailed thanking them for their support of NHRA and Dave Connolly. Got a return email and phone call and the person at the other end had no clue they sponsored anything. Asked them about updating their site to include NHRA stories but did not get a good response.

Personally I'm a Charter subscriber and like their programming and service so I have no axe to grind, but come on if you're going to spend the money promote what you do.

Espeically when you've got a great tie in with Lightning Fast Internet service and drag racing.

I think I saw a cardboard stand up of Connelly at the local Charter office right after the deal was signed :shrug:

Great news, I just got an email form this guy in Nigeria who's gonna give me a TON of cash. Not sure why but I think its due to my stellar post here at the good old mater. This means not only will I be able to drive but I'll be able to help out some of my fellow racers as well. :D

UPDATE: I got another email from some place in England and from some Kingly Prince or something like that. I am RICH!!!!!! Its gonna be great to go in and moon the boss when I quit tomorrow.

No worries about sponsors anymore I've got it all covered:cool:

Great news, I just got an email form this guy in Nigeria who's gonna give me a TON of cash. Not sure why but I think its due to my stellar post here at the good old mater. This means not only will I be able to drive but I'll be able to help out some of my fellow racers as well. :D

UPDATE: I got another email from some place in England and from some Kingly Price or something like that. I am RICH!!!!!! Its gonna be great to go in and moon the boss when I quit tomorrow.

No worries about sponsors anymore I've got it all covered:cool:

PJ, I got the same email! Wow, we have hit it big! We could buy a pool or something. Maybe we should set up a 2 car team, and give a buncha money to our fellow racers. What color do you want your race car to be?

PJ, I got the same email! Wow, we have hit it big! We could buy a pool or something. Maybe we should set up a 2 car team, and give a buncha money to our fellow racers. What color do you want your race car to be?

Maybe we could get that Jay Are dot guy to drive

I'm glad for Connolly/Cagnazzi,but hope this doesn't affect Larry Morgan.

This gives Lucas a car in the Countdown. These Countdown cars will be getting the majority of the coverage, so a smart move on their part.

Larry is as colorful guy as you can get, ROI shouldn't always be judged by on track performance. Hopefully this doesn't affect him.

This gives Lucas a car in the Countdown. These Countdown cars will be getting the majority of the coverage, so a smart move on their part.

Larry is as colorful guy as you can get, ROI shouldn't always be judged by on track performance. Hopefully this doesn't affect him.

Lucas Oil didn't have a problem several years ago dropping a primary sponsor position with John Lawson for an associate sponsorship with Kenny Bernstein and Don Prudhomme Racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back