Connie Kalitta in DRO (1 Viewer)

Raconteur

Nitro Member
I'd like to invite all of you to read the in-depth interview with the legendary driver/tuner/owner Mr. Conrad 'Connie' Kalitta in the new issue of Drag Racing Online.

Thank you for your time...

Thanks Darr..

In the setup before the interview it says: "As a car owner and tuner he has won NHRA World Championships with both son Scott and nephew Doug."

Not to be a nit-picker..but when did Dougie win one?

Hey I've been wrong before. (taking meds now)

Great article.

Thanks Darr..

In the setup before the interview it says: "As a car owner and tuner he has won NHRA World Championships with both son Scott and nephew Doug."

Not to be a nit-picker..but when did Dougie win one?

Hey I've been wrong before. (taking meds now)

Great article.

You are correct David, Doug finished #2 three times and in the top 10 every year since he started racing in 1998. Glad you liked the interview!

Super article--thanks to Connie for taking the time at a difficult time for him, and thanks to DRO for letting us listen in on some of the vast store of info and knowledge that is Connie!

Outstanding interview, thank you Mr. Conrad 'Connie' Kalitta for your straight forward answers. Thank you Darr for the great read. I learned alot from it.

Dan

Wow. Leave it to Connie to not pull any punches.

That was a great read. Thanks DRO for a good interview.

Great Read... Conrad will call 'em like he sees 'em... Loved the last answer, and Connie saying That TC is clueless about how cars work... does TC send someone out to fill up his company car, or can he at least find the fill neck himself?:D

Magnificent work!

What's going on in Connie's head doesn't get very much ink in the drag media. Very nice to see what's on his mind and how he feels about the state of the sport.

And I think he doesn't get interviewed as much as some of the other guys is simply because of a personality that seems kind of intimidating, in a suffer no fools kind of way.

Whoever gets to help with his autobiography is going to get the writing chance of a lifetime!

-85%,
or possibly 90% coming back soon!

The last question was typical Connie, while no movie is ever 100% factual, it was more or less what happened. Those heaping praise on him are mostly dependent on him for income. He should state openly why he is making that comment now. Those in the Kalitta camp all know.

The last question was typical Connie, while no movie is ever 100% factual, it was more or less what happened. Those heaping praise on him are mostly dependent on him for income. He should state openly why he is making that comment now. Those in the Kalitta camp all know.
Pfft..dependent on him for income?? He was asked about the movie..and stated that Shirley had all the input..and he was somewhat left hung out to dry. I assume Connie & Shirley are pretty close friends. So I don't get your stab here.

A great interview..and somebody always feels the need to pee on it.

That was a great interview! After reading this I'm convinced that Connie needs to do interviews more often. :D

Great interview. I've known Connie since my Seaport days, he always tells it like it is.
This was the first time I found out what happened to Darrell Russell.

I'll be glad to heap some praise on Connie Kalitta and I've never made a dime off of him.

The guy is a living drag racing legend and deserves more praise than most. He is a "racer" first and foremost. You have got to respect that.

Great interview, btw. One of the best I've ever read on racing, period. I like that man's style.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back