Congrats to Spencer Massey! (1 Viewer)

Spencer Massey did an excellent job in his first top fuel race, he definately has a bright future in dragracing, and he is also a fan friendly driver as well.

While alot of people say an 1/8th mile national event sucks, the 1/8th mile Texas Nationals turns out to have had the best dragracing so far this year especially compaired to the all the NHRA one lane nationals so far this year.

Last edited:
Driving Mitch Kings car he did a fine job. Smith had the car running great. Was there w/ Gene Snow and have not seen him that happy in a long time..

Driving Mitch Kings car he did a fine job. Smith had the car running great. Was there w/ Gene Snow and have not seen him that happy in a long time..

Gene was there on saturday, and sunday morning, I think Gene might have left before first round, Gene wasn't in the winners circle.

Congrats to Spenser Massey, Mitch King, Paul Smith, Henry Gutierrez and all of their guys. It was good to meet you Kenneth, as well as Nancy Matter, the Texas Jungle was definitely a happening place.

I was apprehensive about 1/8 mile racing, but it was actually really awesome. They run them all out past the grandstands anyways, it just took a little adjusting to the ET's. The race was a blast. I've never seen that many people at SAR, the pitside grandstands were packed on Saturday evening, and the other side was close to it.
-Lance

It was good to meet and get a chance to talk to you Lance, Nancy was there and I still haven't had the chance to meet her yet in person :( To the other maters that came to San Antonio I hope you enjoyed our little deal.

You guys must have went to a different race than I did. The racing was good, and I didnt even mind the 1/8th Top Fuel or Funny Car show but to say the racing is better than NHRA is streching the truth especially in top fuel or nitro funny car. I did enjoy myself though. I wasnt there Saturday so apparently that was the day everyone went b/c no one was there on Sunday. I left around 3:00 and I promise you there wasnt 2000, maybe 2500 people there max including the racers. The parking lot wasnt even half full. And they need to run the sportsman cat's quicker and sooner. It was drug out. At 3 we were still in 2nd round of stock, super stock, quick rod, etc.

You guys must have went to a different race than I did. The racing was good, and I didnt even mind the 1/8th Top Fuel or Funny Car show but to say the racing is better than NHRA is streching the truth especially in top fuel or nitro funny car. I did enjoy myself though. I wasnt there Saturday so apparently that was the day everyone went b/c no one was there on Sunday. I left around 3:00 and I promise you there wasnt 2000, maybe 2500 people there max including the racers. The parking lot wasnt even half full. And they need to run the sportsman cat's quicker and sooner. It was drug out. At 3 we were still in 2nd round of stock, super stock, quick rod, etc.

Want some cheese with that whine! :D

BTW: the IHRA had sportsman nationals on Saturday then another national event including sportsman racing on Sunday. Plus the IHRA still gives the pro's 90 minutes between rounds.

Real quick what type of racers do you think the IHRA caters to?

Want some cheese with that whine! :D

Kenneth, I'm not whining. I'm just stating facts. I enjoyed myself, always do but it could have been better especially for the fans. They ran first round of top fuel at 12:30 and they ran the 2nd round at 2:45. I dont know what kinda 90 min clock you use, but thats 2 hours and 15 minutes by my math. It was drug out.

And I know they run a sportsman national every day, I'm an IHRA member and my family races IHRA. Buts it way too drug out. Only being in the 2nd round at 3?

Now that was funny.......
Congrats to Spencer and another fine Paul Smith tune-up :D

I was across from the Strosburg (sp) pits, I was with Bexar Waste sponsored (owned by a friend of mine), Mitch King owned T/F car that Spencer was driving, Spencer is a good guy, and he's a quick learner, a well deserved win.

Spencer Massey 2 for 2. Laurie Cannister 2 for 2 also, she beat the rest of the field up just like she did in San Antonio.:D

nice job by the team, i dont know spencer personally but mitch and marshall are very cool, looking forward to milan and martin.

Big ups to Spencer, King, Smith, and the team.

Was watching an interview with Massey the other day, and boy is this kid the deal! Great head on his shoulders, and personality that's not over the top, very level headed and real.

We need kids like this in TF, and Drag Racing. Period.

Keep racking up them wins. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back