Congrats to Randy and Daniel... (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
On a first round PB for Daniel 5.622. Great run guys. Onto round number two!! Keep it going.

Mike

Well how about that?? Great job Randy, Daniel and team on a win in Vegas.

Congrats!!!

....That car was hauling the mail. The DRIVER did a great job as well.

Congrats to Randy and Daniel.... Very impressive FIRST NHRA NATIONAL EVENT WALLY FOR DANIEL!

RG, you always said racing just wouldn't be complete without a big wally to go with the little ones. Now you have it and no one is more deserving than You, Big Mike, Daniel and Greg.
Great job by everyone!
7 laps in one weekend, I know a bunch of old guys that will be late to work tomorrow:D..............and sore for a month

Great job guys!! Randy, ya' gotta get on here and give us some replay from the weekend, I'm sure it was awesome.

Quite a weekend. Our last race was the Bakersfield divisional where 9 TA/FC's showed up. At the end of the day we were number 9 with a DNQ. Very next event is a national event for us and we win. Drag racing is a humbling sport.

They had us wait until after the pros ran their second round before we ran our secound round. Then, we had to run our final before the pros ran their final. So during the time the pros made two runs we made three. The engine was still hot when we went up for the final so I richened it up a bit to keep it in one piece, which weakened it enough to make it shake the tires on Daniel but he hung on and drove through it.

The semi final was a scary round against Mickey Ferro. Daniel went to stage the car and the stage beams were flikering like Mike Edwards car did a few races ago. Daniel bumped in in again and almost drove out of the stage beam. When the top pre stage light went out and I saw how deep he went in I about had a heart attack. Daniel left when the ambers came on and had a .011 reaction time only because he was extremely deep staged. Then it tried to knock the tires loose and as it shook a bit. The et is deceiving because he was in so deep. I'm guessing it likely ran a 5.65 or so under normal circumstances, but we managed to somehow hold off Mickey's 5.63.

Considering 20 years of TA/FC racing for me and my team, 10 years ago winning the division 7 championship along with a handfull of division events, somehow we were always a victim of the 1,000,000 ways to lose a national event and never pulled it off. With the quality of cars on hand at Las Vegas I have to thank God for giving us the chance to do this (win or lose), but to actually finally win a National Event is "priceless."

Thanks to all.

Randy G.

Last edited:
RG,
Could the 6.0 reading on the Ricker Scale yesterday have anything to do with You and Big Mike after the win light came on in the final?
:D:D:D

It's all about the WALLY

You guys seemed a bit sedate at the scales.........But I could tell it was special

Cliff

That's because they about wore us out while Kernan interviewed Daniel. Then I was thinking there are still two more ways to lose the Wally...at the scales and at fuel check.

RG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back