Congrats Hot Rod! (1 Viewer)

Yup. I am with you on this. Whit is one of the few that actually get upset when they lose. Not to say other drivers want it less, but I like a person with real emotion. Besides, have you looked at all the other threads?????
< < < B O R I N G > > >

There is such a thing as being a good loser and a bad loser. Yeah, I get upset when I lose when I bracket race, but I dont go around pouting, the other car/driver was better than me...time to move on. Whit's crybaby stuff is getting old!

This is no different then when Whit took a swerve at John Forces car in the shut down area last year after he felt John hung him out. All Whit is doing, is letting people know it gets to his head. If I was in top fuel, I'd hang him out or go quick on him just to "rattle his cage" every time. Why not? Truth be told, he still had a great light, and had the cars ran the same he would have won the race.

Over the last couple years, I have really been trying to give Whit the benefit of the doubt, he's a hard racer, speaks his mind, and so on, but man stuff like this just takes that all away.

Reading that makes me glad Hot Rod won. Whit had the better light yet he is still bitchin.' Maybe it's time Matco move over to Hot Rod, and Whit get sponsorship by kleenex!

I am not a Whit fan by any stretch of the imagination. BUT, I love it. I can't help it. He makes it so much fun to root against him. Drag racing is definitely more interesting with him around and I am glad he is not afraid to show a little emotion out there in stead of being a PR robot.

And to answer an earlier criticism that Whit blames everyone else for his losses, I can remember several times at the beginning of this season in qualifying and eliminations that Whit owned up to making mistakes in his new environment.

Whit made two mistakes as I see it. He expressed his immediate emotions within earshot of someone who might likely publish or relay to a publisher what they heard, and he didn't talk to Rod about what happened before expressing those emotions.
All true Bob... Not sure which column to put you in, on my list of Whit fans... :) I'm not sure it is really any big secret that Whit and Hot Dawg are not the best of teamates with eachother since they joined forces... It is Whit's problem, but on his resume, it clearly states; DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS... ;) And all this talk about Matco switching over to Dog's ride, and booting Whit from his... Please, grow up like the man your bashing needs to do a little more... I'm sure that Whit is extremly frustrated at watching his teammate dominate this season, and is wondering what he has to do to win one of these things... Whit and Beard are just not getting the breaks they could use... BTW- If you look at that pic that Asher took, looks like the camera is still rolling to me...

Why did Force get in Beards face a few years ago again?? And was part of the opening for NHRA DR shows... :confused: Garlits never lost it, or Shirley, Prudhomme, Force, Kalitta, on and on and on... This is a sport that has a very short fuse, so why would it be a surprise that the drivers have one as well...
This sport is all about emotion and passion, that's why I never left and love it so much... :D

Voice your opinions on this however you see fit...
But I will always be a huge Whit fan...

What would Hip say?? I'm sorry I never knew that Man...

BTW- Standard Operating Procedure> JMO

WTF is your problem with me?! Another person called him "Twit" and almost everybody is expressing the same opinion, yet you have to pick on me! :mad:

Sam,

It was a light hearted stab, more so at Whit's new sponsorship you suggested. I also had a sulk cause like Whit I guess I'm a bit of a twit! And I like Whit. I also have a post in this thread about everyone who talked about Whit. Roger thing's still haven't changed down here buddy!

Mike

Here is another thing...

Now I like Cory Mac, he's great, real good dude, but none of you guys who like to have a stab at Whit call Cory out when he throws his helmet or a bottle of powerade, and I don't even bother either, why, this sports tough! People want to win. Whit did go overboard on that whole team-mate comment, but hey things can't be all lovey dovey! Just think of all the excitement coming out of that camp now :eek:

If Drag Racers showed no emotion...

In response to the general comment: (not posted by anyone in particular):
"I suppose you all want the drivers to be non-emotional and just accept losing with a grain of salt."

And also in response to my personal opinion:
"Whit Bazemore just needs to get over it sometimes and accept that he loses, and quit blaming it on everything else. Emotion is fine - even getting mad is fine - but getting mad at everyone and everything else is just childish".

In response to those two stances/comments - I just couldn't make up my mind...

BeatDeadHorse.gif

or...

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

or...

redbeatdeadhorse5.gif

and then there's...

smart.jpg

DLB

Re: If Drag Racers showed no emotion...

In response to the general comment: (not posted by anyone in particular):
"I suppose you all want the drivers to be non-emotional and just accept losing with a grain of salt."

And also in response to my personal opinion:
"Whit Bazemore just needs to get over it sometimes and accept that he loses, and quit blaming it on everything else. Emotion is fine - even getting mad is fine - but getting mad at everyone and everything else is just childish".

In response to those two stances/comments - I just couldn't make up my mind...

BeatDeadHorse.gif

or...

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

or...

redbeatdeadhorse5.gif

and then there's...

smart.jpg

DLB

HAHAHAHAHA GOLD!

GOOD ONE! I think Whit needs to be on a single car team. He just can't seem to get along with team-mates! Remember the ole' Ron Capps days?

Maybe he needs a little group therapy............perhaps a "hug session"!!!:eek:

Whit may be an easy target because he wears his heart on his sleeve. After spending 15 years at turnaround I have seen a lot of drivers act in ways you never saw on TV. We suffered abuse because very few of them want to admit they made a mistake or are pumped up from a 300 mph pass. Whit was always a gentleman and I never had a complaint about how he treated us. He never called us "minimum wage dummies" or blamed us for tying his chutes in knots like other have.

A few years ago at Pomona, at the finals, a young man in a wheelchairs was brought down to turnaround during the final runs with his family. It was a Make-a-Wish project and he was a big fan of Whit's and wanted to meet him. Whit climbed out of his car and we told him there was someone who wanted to meet him. Whit talked with him and his family at length and as a parting gesture handed the young man his helmet. You have never seen such a smile. Did it get on TV or in ND? No.

Then last year when my wife, Carol, passed away I received two of the nicest emails from Whit. He didn't know us that well. He saw us about eight times a year when we worked, but he had enough compassion to go out of his way and write.

Time to get off my soap box. I just wanted people to see the other side.

Thanks for that Carl. That is another side of a very passionate driver. It is a shame that we don't get to see that side of him.

I still think he needs a "hug session"!!!:D

I have thought Bazemore was a jerk for a long time. This just makes me sure he is a jerk. Why sponsors put up with the guy is beyond me. He must really have somebody at Matco snowed.:mad:

Thanks Carl,

I have always liked Whit. My wife and I was in the pits one evening talking to Morgan Lucus' Alcohol crew and we asked who's cool in the pits and who wasn't. They told us of a few owners that they would never work for, as well as a few crew chiefs. We asked about Whit, they laughed and said most everyone really likes Whit in the pits, except sometimes he likes the taste of his shoes too much!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back