Comp Round One Photos (1 Viewer)

My dream comp car would be a dragster with a GM ZZ572/720R and a big supercharger. Basically, it would look like a miniature top fuel car. :D

I loved your old man's '36. That wheelstand at Calder still amazes me. Has he still got the car?
The car is sitting here in the workshop. He started pulling it apart to re-build it and put it on the street, but its come to a stand still. Chris think's he should put his old 615ci Pontiac in it with a 4 speed Liberty and run Nostalgia, but the old man doesn't like that idea! Would certainly make a tough nostalgia racer!

Even though we were only able to beat him once, I still believe that Bill Maropolis is still one of the top Comp. Eliminator innovators and drivers of the era! He was Mr. Econo-Dragster!

We are building a 1968 426 HEMI Barracuda for A/SM!!!! Jason Wood at Wizard Race Cars is finishing the car now. Roy Johnson is building the engine.
It will be the latest Hemi stuff like he uses in Richies and Alans cars...but only 426.
It will be Torch red with a 6 foot neon yellow star draped across the front, like my hero, the late , great, John Myers had on our Pro Bike in the early 90s.
Jackie,

Welcome to comp-the car sounds great. Please stick with the hemis and stay away from four-valve motors, although I hear you've provided a lot of help for a certain Florida florist with his trailblazer motors. I also hear he is cutting the number of cylinders he'll be racing next year by a third!

MBE is doing the heads, R-M is going to assemble it. I am building an EFI intake for a BigStuff3.

I ran a B/D for a few years late 90's while in college. I had Vanderpools car that Rick Brown won the Gators and runner-upped at Indy. I remember the tire shake quite well. I had Team Torch on retainer. I am thinking I might try bead-locks to help with the shake.

Yea, its pretty much an identical twin to the other one I got from Vanderpool. Its just 'shake' free. I was checking out the other car and the rear half was so bad I was going to back-end it. Dan had this one he was going to run before the PST deal. So its a few years old but no passes on it.

Are you guys selling all your stuff?

Toby,
Is that another Vanderpool/Bos car?

Chris Bozic

Yes, everything is for sale.

I talked to Dan about that car a few years ago. Sounds like you have a good piece to start with, but does it have enough chrome? Good luck with the new project!

Chris

It has less now that when I bought it. I had to update the cage so the chrome one is history. It is a typical Vanderpool car though, pretty tits.

Are you planning on getting out of Comp? I hope not.

I am on Clippard.com looking for air line for my shifter. Do you know if the airline we use is Urethane, Vinyl, or Polyethylene?

Toby

Yes, everything is for sale.

I talked to Dan about that car a few years ago. Sounds like you have a good piece to start with, but does it have enough chrome? Good luck with the new project!

Chris

Last edited:
I believe the line we use is polyethylene. How much do you need and what size? I may have some at the house.

Getting out of comp, it depends on what I can sell.

Sorry to hear about the chrome cage.

Chris

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back