Comp Round One Photos (1 Viewer)

Comp is a cool class....How about Jay Payne running his Pro Mod in Comp this weekend.

Could he end up being the first Comp car to ever run in the 5's?

The red, black and gold cars wobbled a bit in Round 1, but it looks like that got it rolling in Round 2.

I saw your car in the pits. I definately saw a lot of mad sceince there.

Take you and Al's car and a couple of others away from the field and it was basically Junior Pro Stock.

Mark Watkins
www.madscientist1.com

Comp is probably my favorite class. I got hooked on it when Jeff Krug, Andy Manna and Darren Davis were running. My all time favorite cars were Jeff Krug's last roadster and Andy Manna's Firebird.

Comp is probably my favorite class. I got hooked on it when Jeff Krug, Andy Manna and Darren Davis were running. My all time favorite cars were Jeff Krug's last roadster and Andy Manna's Firebird.

I have to agree. Hansen builds some badass cars over the years. Krug's Hansen car were very cool too (RIP).

Thanks for the Comp pics! I love the Pro cars like everyone else, but I really appreciate when someone posts pics of Comp cars from national events, that's where the variety is. I thought I had noticed Kaplan went to a Hemi in his AA/AM, guess I was right. That's a pretty neat roadster.

I have to agree. Hansen builds some badass cars over the years. Krug's Hansen car were very cool too (RIP).
Yes, they build some awesome cars! Jeff Krug was a really neat person. I miss seeing him at the races....
Justin, I didn't get to see you at any PRA races this year.... Maybe next year will be the year. I'm getting ready to send my car in for a cage and build a new motor with a little touch of juice....

Thank you Mark, for taking these and sharing them here. I also enjoy Comp. and would rather watch them than collect autographs. ;) Everyone enjoys different things and that's alright, I'm just glad to see Comp. still around.:cool:

Here is a little treat for you comp fans.

MW

comp1.jpg

Mine too..got to work with Jeff and Teri at the WDRS race in vegas before he passed away. Man I miss that guy!

Timmah!

Beautiful pics Mark! Thanks for sharing! P/S is my favorite class but Comp is a very close second. The sound of a small block spinning to "midnight" always takes my breath away. Then there is the thunder of the A/A cars and the innovation of the cars like the Professors.

I agree about the Gary Hansen cars but I'm keeping track of Phil Mandella lately (mostly SS cars). And EasTexas' SuperMods are works of art.

My favorite Comp car? That AA/AT of Mark Wolfe back when Hurley Blakeney ran it. Silent Thunder. :)

My favorite Comp car? That AA/AT of Mark Wolfe back when Hurley Blakeney ran it. Silent Thunder. :)

Oooooohhhhhhh, brah, that thing was an awesome car! I remember watching that thing run at Pomona a loooong time ago. It didn't sond fast at all!:D

Mark, thank you for posting those awesome pictures! You're bringing back a lot of B.C. (before children memories, when I could afford to spend 4 days at a national event:p) memories for me!
Dave Ring, keep on doing what you do! I really dig your car too!
Comp Eliminator=the REAL innovators!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back