Comp Round One Photos (1 Viewer)

I met Mark at the Vegas race last week, super nice guy. He's been chasing some electrical demons and had a pile of wire on the ground Saturday evening. Sounds like he's starting to get a handle on it judging by the 6.91 and the killer mph.

These guys came a LONG way to run at Pomona.

pd.jpg

This thing is almost too pretty to run in Comp.

Mark Watkins
www.madscientist1.com

My ALL TIME Favorite Comp Car I can't pin down..but my Top 3....in no particular order....

- Vinnie D's A/AA 63 Split Window Vette Powered by Sonny Leonard HUGE FREAKIN HEMI...

- "PAPPY'S PRIDE" 23T Altered by Tom Snyder!!!

- Bill Moropolous's B/ED's that he ran in the 80's!!

Thanks for the Comp pics! I love the Pro cars like everyone else, but I really appreciate when someone posts pics of Comp cars from national events, that's where the variety is. I thought I had noticed Kaplan went to a Hemi in his AA/AM, guess I was right. That's a pretty neat roadster.

Yes indeed - WTG Kaplan on a wild car. I do wonder though whatever became of a Vette he tried to run in IHRA Quick Rod at the Rocky Mountain Nationals this year. It was a '63 split-window with his usual blown alky motor - maybe the motor found its way into the altered. Regardless, it was quite entertaining to see him blasting it down to a 7.30 (on an altitude-corrected 9.10 index)! It would be sweet to see that car in Comp, but if the altered is working so well for him, why change? I love Comp - definitely a Mad Science type of class.

My ALL TIME Favorite Comp Car I can't pin down..but my Top 3....in no particular order....

- Vinnie D's A/AA 63 Split Window Vette Powered by Sonny Leonard HUGE FREAKIN HEMI...

- "PAPPY'S PRIDE" 23T Altered by Tom Snyder!!!

- Bill Moropolous's B/ED's that he ran in the 80's!!

I agree with all three, but being a Colorado boy, Pappy's Pride is on the top of my list, love watching that car run full out.

S/F
D

Hi, gang. Jackie and I wanted you all to know that Comp is our class too....as a fav. So many of our stars and innovators have grown from Comp. Just a few of our friends from....old comp. Kopp, may GOD rest his soul, Tommy M, Morgan, Stevie Johns, Craig Liberty, Ambrose, Treadwell, just to name a few....we must have 20 good friends that run Comp.

We are building a 1968 426 HEMI Barracuda for A/SM!!!! Jason Wood at Wizard Race Cars is finishing the car now. Roy Johnson is building the engine.
It will be the latest Hemi stuff like he uses in Richies and Alans cars...but only 426.
It will be Torch red with a 6 foot neon yellow star draped across the front, like my hero, the late , great, John Myers had on our Pro Bike in the early 90s.

This will be our first race car since we ran Pro Stock with Gary Brown in the early 90s as well.
We are going to promote our new business....B2 HemiCars....Ray Barton and I are building 800 hp, 9 second, air, power, leather, 6 speed, 1968 Cudas and Darts. These cars will look like SS/AH cars but you can drive to work.
We are buliding 10 Darts and 10 Barracudas....at first, with a max of 25 of them each......check out our new web site....b2hemi.com

We just started the web site....but the project has been rolling along for 2 years now....under radar....till we are ready to show finished cars...soon we hope, thanks for looking, GB3

George, those are bad ass... it is one of those things where if you have to ask how much , you can't afford it... :D

As for the C Dragster, that is way cool too. Who is doing the motor?

We are going to promote our new business....B2 HemiCars....Ray Barton and I are building 800 hp, 9 second, air, power, leather, 6 speed, 1968 Cudas and Darts. These cars will look like SS/AH cars but you can drive to work.
We are buliding 10 Darts and 10 Barracudas....at first, with a max of 25 of them each......check out our new web site....b2hemi.com

We just started the web site....but the project has been rolling along for 2 years now....under radar....till we are ready to show finished cars...soon we hope, thanks for looking, GB3

I gotta win the lottery!! :eek:

Way cool.

Thanks, I am getting the heads from MBE. Reher-Morrison is assembling it. I am going to use a BigStuff3 EFI unit on it. It will be alot of fun. It will be a 330 CID. 4.185x3.00

George, those are bad ass... it is one of those things where if you have to ask how much , you can't afford it... :D

As for the C Dragster, that is way cool too. Who is doing the motor?

George,
This is Toby from TeamWin days. Give me a call at 303.885.7428. I want to talk to you about your HemiCars.
Toby

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back